Broil King 11242 Exact Fit Baron Cast Iron Griddle
Last updated date: October 26, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Broil King Griddles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Broil King Griddle you should buy.
Editor's Note October 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Broil King Griddle for a detailed review of all the top broil king griddles.
The reversible 17.48-by-12.48-inch cast-iron griddle fits the Broil King Baron Series Gas Grill. The product, coated in matte porcelain, offers a smooth surface on one side and a grill pattern on the other.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Broil King Broil King 11242 Exact Fit Baron Cast Iron Griddle placed 3rd when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Measures 17.48 inches x 12.48 inches. For Broil King, Huntington and Broil Mate gas grills - Baron Series
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Broil King Griddles
Electric griddles, flat cooking surfaces warmed by heating elements, are an excellent option for home cooks who are looking for a portable alternative to the stovetop. If you prefer to cook on your grill, you can also purchase a griddle, a cooking surface without a heating element, that fits your backyard barbecue grill. Broil King has an array of griddles that great for producing everything from bacon, eggs and pancakes for the family to perfectly grilled burgers and brats for a tailgate. The company’s griddles are proudly made with North American steel at plants in Huntingdon, Indiana; Dickson, Tennessee and Waterloo, Ontario.
There are many perks to using an electric griddle, including a large cooking area for making a large volume of food at once, even heating throughout and grease control (some griddles are equipped with grease traps that you can empty or have back legs that lift for fat drainage). The griddle’s surface can also be coated with ceramic or matte porcelain, making them nonstick and easy to clean, while the pan’s cast-iron construction helps maintain your chosen temperature throughout the cooking process.
If you’re deciding which Broil King electric griddle to buy, the PCG-10 model has a removable black splash, while the PCG-5 and USG-10G models do not. However, the PCG-10 only heats up to 400 degrees and the PCG-5 and USG-10G heat up to 425 degrees. All are equipped with temperature control, require a three-prong electrical outlet and have rear legs that lift for fat drainage.
Clean your electric griddle after every use. To clean your griddle, wait for it to cool down and remove access oil from the cooking surface using a paper towel. Then wipe it down with a non-abrasive kitchen sponge or soft towel and water. If there is residue on the cooking surface, try scrubbing it with a combination of baking soda and water using a cloth or nylon cleaning pad. Do not use steel wool or scouring agents, which can damage your griddle.
The Broil King Griddle Buying Guide
- Clean your electric griddle after every use. To clean your griddle, wait for it to cool down and remove access oil from the cooking surface using a paper towel. Then wipe it down with a non-abrasive kitchen sponge or soft towel and water. If there is residue on the cooking surface, try scrubbing it with a combination of baking soda and water using a cloth or nylon cleaning pad. Do not use steel wool or scouring agents, which can damage your griddle.
- Do not get the electric controls of your griddle wet; wipe them down with a dry cloth, if needed.
- Do not put your electric griddle in the dishwasher.
- While Broil King offers non-stick griddles, you should still grease your cooking surface with butter, oil or cooking spray.
- Do not put your hand directly on a hot electric griddle; wear gloves during usage, if necessary.
- Do not leave children unintended with your electric griddle.
- An electric griddle can often be confused with an electric skillet, which has the same flat, heated surface as a griddle but also features walls like a pan and a cover.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide