Brixton Heist Ribbed-Knit Beanie
Last updated date: October 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beanies and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beanie you should buy.
Update as October 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Beanie for a detailed review of all the top beanies.
This classic beanie has an 8-inch cuff for added warmth and protection. It's available in 19 different colors, such as mustard, deep cobalt, olive and heather gray. The beanie is constructed from 100% acrylic, which offers plenty of stretch to fit most heads.
In our analysis, the Brixton Brixton Heist Ribbed-Knit Beanie placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Built light yet tough, Brixton’s Heist Knit Beanie is a signature piece that works for any occasion. Features an updated fit to a classic style with a rounded crown and 1×1 rib knit construction. All Heist Beanies are Made In The USA.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beanies
When it comes to winter gear, beanies are a great addition to the regular uniform of winter jacket, gloves and scarf. Beanies are form-fitting and provide an extra layer of warmth when temperatures begin dropping. Of course, they are also quite stylish and do an excellent job of complementing your cold-weather wardrobe.
As you shop for the perfect beanie, consider fit first. Many of these hats are sold as one size fits most and made from 100% acrylic, which is known for being stretchy. Others list a head circumference or hat circumference range in both inches and centimeters, so you can easily measure your head and compare it to the chart.
A beanie’s primary function is to keep you warm when the wind is blustery and the temperatures drop below a comfortable level, so a double-layered knit beanie is an excellent choice. Others feature an external layer of knitted cotton yarn and an internal lining made of soft cashmere. In addition to providing warmth, this option is also skin-friendly, which is great if you have sensitive skin.
Next, consider your preferred style. There are rib-knit cuff beanies, some of which have cuffs as high as 8 inches. Others don’t have a defined cuff, but allow you to fold them up to a height of your liking. Another option is to go with a beanie that is slouchy with a cross-basket knit design. This style gives the appearance that the hat has been hand-woven.
Don’t forget to consider any extras that make one beanie stand out from another. For example, some beanies come with an embroidered logo. There are even beanies that come in dozens of color choices, such as cobalt blue, bright lime, orange, heather gray and coffee. With this many options, you won’t have any trouble finding beanies to match your outfits.
The Beanie Buying Guide
- Always check the beanie’s product label before cleaning, as many are listed as hand-wash only. Others may allow for machine washing using the cold cycle and drying with the tumble dry low-heat setting.
- Beanies that must be hand washed will also need to be reshaped and laid out flat to dry. You can stuff balls of newspaper inside the beanie to accomplish this task.
- It can be helpful to check reviews to determine whether the hat fits as expected, or runs too big or too small. Some may even indicate whether the hat stands too tall. Of course, many companies provide a head circumference guide that you can reference before you buy.
- Today, you can actually purchase a beanie with built-in headphones. The headphones pair with Bluetooth, so you can listen to music while you work, exercise or go for a jog.
- You can wear your beanie under a hoodie or hooded jacket for added warmth. and protection from the wind It’s best to choose a lightweight hat, instead of a thick beanie, when doubling up.
- Beanies make excellent Christmas, birthday and back-to-school gifts. They’re also small enough to fit in a stocking.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide