Britax 2-Stage Highpoint Car Seat
Last updated date: September 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Car Seats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Car Seat you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Car Seats for a detailed review of all the top car seats.
This booster seat switches between high back and backless to accommodate children between 40 and 120 pounds. With three layers of side impact protection, this seat also features soft, nap-friendly materials.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Britax 2-Stage Highpoint Car Seat placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
2-in-1: The highpoint belt-positioning high back booster car seat easily coverts to a backless booster to keep your child safer, longer. Cool ride: Cool flow ventilated mesh fabric and plush foam padding create a cool, comfortable ride for your big kid. Fit: 40 – 120 pounds and up to 63″ height. Big kid comfort: Plush foam padding and built-in arm rests. Surrounded in safety: 3 layers of side impact protection include an energy-absorbing shell & foam-lined headrest.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Car Seats
Choosing the correct car seat is one of the most crucial decisions a parent can make for their child. A good car seat should support the fragile parts of your child’s body. It should also have soft materials on the surfaces the child will be touching to ensure comfort during car rides.
There are three general types of car seats: rear-facing seats for younger children, forward-facing seats and booster seats for older children. Some car seats are convertible and can switch between rear- and forward-facing. There are also all-in-one models that can also be booster seats.
Rear-facing seats cradle and support the fragile spinal columns of newborns and infants throughout a ride and in the event of a crash. A rear-facing configuration is the safest for all children until they outgrow the car seat’s rear-facing size and weight ratings.
Besides configuration, two other important considerations you should have in mind when choosing a car seat are ease of use and whether the car seat fits your vehicle. You should be able to install your car seat correctly every time, without any uncertainty.
The Car Seat Buying Guide
- Test out your car seat in your vehicle before buying it, or make sure you can return it if it doesn’t work to your liking.
- The configuration of your car may not accommodate some car seats, so do a little research before buying.
- Keep in mind where in the car the car seat will be so you can ensure it is cleaned regularly.
- As your child gets older, let them participate in the shopping process by letting them pick colors and patterns on your next model of car seat. This will give them a closer connection to the seat.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide