Braun Multiquick ACTIVEblade Hand Blender
Last updated date: October 30, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hand Blenders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hand Blender you should buy.
Editor's Note October 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hand Blender for a detailed review of all the top hand blenders.
In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the Braun Braun Multiquick ACTIVEblade Hand Blender placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The revolutionary MQ9 Hand blender blends ultimate power with unlimited versatility to turn the toughest ingredients into the most delicious creations. The breakthrough technology in Braun's next-generation hand blender delivers groundbreaking innovations to let you easily express your culinary vision. The world's first ACTIVE Blade technology incorporates a flexible shaft that moves the blade up and down. The result is a 250% more active cutting surface to work with which results in 2 times finer blending. This motion gives you flavorful, smooth results with no unwanted pieces while requiring up to 40% less effort than traditional blending shafts. The patented POWER Bell Plus features an extra milling blade to blend large pieces of food more easily. Advanced SPLASH control technology prevents splashing and delivers the best blending results to keep you and your kitchen clean. Additionally, the MQ9 provides 55% less suction for effortless handling and perfect control. With Braun's Smart Speed technology, you can intuitively adjust blending power without stopping. Push gently for coarse results and apply a little more pressure for more power and finer results. Plus, the Smooth Start feature prevents jolting on startup. The hardest foods stand no chance with the 700-watt MQ9 Hand blender. With multiple attachments, including a blending wand, a whisk, a masher, a 2-cup chopper, and a beaker, it is the game-changing kitchen appliance that lets you effortlessly tackle the most challenging jobs. Compared to Braun MQ500. Compared to Braun hand blenders with non-ACTIVE Blade shaft.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hand Blenders
As smoothies and juicing have become more popular, consumers are increasingly looking for an easy way to blend items. Pulling out a big blender every day can become so much work, you may even give up on your plan to juice. Cleanup makes it even more of a chore since many blenders have to be disassembled each time you use them, with some parts requiring handwashing.
A hand blender can be a great way to blend items quickly that also allows for simpler cleanup than a traditional blender. With a hand mixer, you can quickly blend, puree and froth everything from pancake batter to milkshakes. Depending on the version you choose, you can either mix your items in your own bowl or cup or blend using a special cup provided as an accessory.
One of the best things about this type of blender is that it’s easy to store when not in use. Unlike a full blender, you won’t have to set aside a large amount of space for storage. However, some blenders come with accessories, which means you’ll need to be able to keep everything in one place so it will be together when you need it all.
Spattering is an ongoing issue with mixers of all types. Some hand mixers are built to contain ingredients to the mixing bowl or cup where they’re being blended. Look for one with blades specially designed to keep spatter to a minimum.
You probably also want to mix a variety of ingredients using the mixer you choose. Although many mixers come with a standard spatter-resistant blade, others require additional attachments that either come in the packaging or must be purchased separately. Add-ons, like whisks and potato mashers, can extend the use of your mixer, making it even more valuable. Some mixers also include a container that you can use for mixing instead of a bowl or cup from your own stash for mixing items.
The Hand Blender Buying Guide
- The more you can change up the speed you’re using, the more control you’ll have over the finished product. Some blenders build in 15 variable settings.
- Once your blending is done, cleanup time begins. Look for a model that is dishwasher-safe.
- The handle is your main point of contact when you’re using a hand mixer, so comfort is important. A rubberized handle makes mixing easy, but those with smaller hands may find a large handle too hard to hold. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender has an ergonomically-designed handle to keep things as comfortable as possible. With that mixer, though, you may find the buttons take extreme pressure, which can quickly become uncomfortable. The power buttons also seem to be placed pretty high, so you may find you can’t reach them as comfortably as with other mixers.
- One issue with any mixer is spattering. The last thing you want is cake batter all over your kitchen, so it’s important to find a blender that will keep things contained. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender resists spattering to keep cleanup to a minimum.
- When you’re finished mixing, you’ll want to be able to easily detach the arm for cleaning.
- The motor itself is important, making a difference in the time it will take you to get results. Some models pack in 280 watts, while others only reach 200 watts.
- The design of your blender can make a big difference in its versatility. Light models can take on your favorite mixed beverage, but you also have to have the weight necessary to tackle thicker items like milkshakes and soups.
- Stainless steel blades ensure not only great blending power but durability as well. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender feature stainless steel blades.
- Attachments can be a differentiator too. Some models let you choose your attachments, though each attachment may cost extra.
- Some mixers come with a mixing cup, which can come in handy. There are blenders that have a 42-ounce jug and a three-cup chopping bowl for mincing herbs, nuts and cheeses. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender’s mixing cup is not even half the capacity of some other models. You’ll get both a whisk and a mixing blade with the Braun blender.
- Price is also a consideration when choosing a hand mixer. No matter what your needs are, you’re sure to find a hand blender that fits your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide