Boxis 70-Sheet Autofeed Microcut Paper Shredder
Last updated date: October 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Paper Shredders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Paper Shredder you should buy.
Editor's Note October 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Paper Shredder for a detailed review of all the top paper shredders.
This paper shredder is able to handle either eight sheets manually or 70 sheets on the automatic setting. Both the forward and reverse modes are automatic, which helps prevent those annoying paper jams. As an added bonus, this shredder comes with a waste liner and a 12-pack of lubricant sheets.
In our analysis of 59 expert reviews, the Boxis Boxis 70-Sheet Autofeed Microcut Paper Shredder placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A Revolution in productivity. The Boxis AutoShred AF70 shredder is super light and compact. It's innovative auto paper feeder mechanism grabs documents one at a time and shreds them into unreadable microcut particles. Just slide in a small stack of paper up to a 70 sheets and Let the Boxis AutoShred AF70 do the work! Ideal for a busy home or office! The Boxis AutoShred AF70 reduces a letter Size sheet into nearly 1500 unreadable particles. The compact microcut waste maximizes the bin capacity which means you empty less often.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Paper Shredders
About one in 15 consumers fell victim to identity fraud in 2017, with a new victim every two seconds. With details like your Social Security number, bank account numbers, date of birth and contact information, a criminal can take out a loan in your name. Using only your credit card number, fraudsters can start spending, especially if they have the card verification value (CVV) number on the back.
Data theft poses such a big problem, many consumers have realized the importance of securing their information. This extends to the paper documents they toss in the garbage, which can easily end up in the wrong hands somewhere between the house and the landfill or recycling center. Ripping up every sheet of paper can be time-consuming, especially if you deal with a significant amount of paperwork on a monthly basis.
There are several things to consider when you’re looking around for shredders, though. Perhaps the most important is capacity. Some shredders can handle large stacks of paper, while others make you feed only one or two sheets at a time. If you plan to shred items like credit cards, you’ll need to seek out a shredder with that capability.
One of the biggest issues with paper shredders is jamming. Unfortunately, most shredders will eventually jam, especially if you exceed their capacity or they overheat. It’s important to find a shredder that can help you easily recover from those jams. Another issue specific to all shredders is that they have a limited runtime, after which you’ll need to wait while they cool down before you can insert another document. This can understandably be inconvenient, so make sure you’re aware of the limits of whatever shredder you choose.
It may not seem a top priority at first, but shredders come in various sizes. If you plan to slide your shredder under your desk or set it on a table, measure in advance to determine the maximum space you’ll need. Some shredders also include wheels, making them easy to maneuver around as necessary.
The Paper Shredder Buying Guide
- If you’ve ever shredded a stack of paper, you likely know the tedium that can come from the task. The more pages you can slip through the feeder at once, the quicker you can move on to other tasks. Some models promise to shred as many as 18 sheets in one pass. Typically, these models can shred one sheet of paper in less than five seconds. The Fellowes Powershred 79Ci comes close at 16 sheets, while the AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Shredder can only handle eight, although you may be able to squeeze in up to 10.
- Paper isn’t the only thing shredders can tackle. The AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Shredder and Fellowes Powershred 79Ci can shred credit cards, as well. You don’t even have to remove your staples or paper clips with the Fellowes Powershred 79Ci, which can shred these supplies along with the paper connected to them.
- Traditionally, shredders cut paper into long strips, which was great, but not nearly as secure as today’s cross-cut shredders, which slice paper both horizontally and vertically. The AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Shredder cuts paper into 3/16″ x 1-27/32″ strips, while the Fellowes Powershred 79Ci creates 5/32″ x 1-1/2″ pieces. Other models may have smaller shredding capacities, though, producing microshreds sized only 4mm x 15mm.
- Capacity isn’t just about the number of pages your feeder can handle. The size of the waste bin also matters. The larger the bin, the less frequently you’ll need to stop to empty it. Look for a model that has an 8.5-gallon bin. The Fellowes Powershred 79Ci still impresses with a bin that holds 6 gallons of paper. The AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Shredder is on the smaller end, with bins that only hold around 4 gallons.
- If you plan to slide your shredder under a desk, look for one that has a front-loading feeder that will let you use it without sliding it out.
- If you do need to maneuver your shredder around, consider the sheer weight the bin has before you have even put the first sheet in. The AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Shredder is by far the lightest, at only 9.74 pounds. The Fellowes Powershred 79Ci is pretty heavy, at 28.2 pounds. However, it’s important to note that all of the shredders but the AmazonBasics one have wheels, so their weight likely won’t be an issue as long as you keep it in the same general area.
- Ideally, your shredder will rarely jam. If it does happen, though, it will help to have an easy way to get the pages out. The AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Shredder and Fellowes Powershred 79Ci each build in reverse features so that you can back your pages back out in the event of a jam. However, the Fellowes Powershred 79Ci is designed to prevent jams.
- Every shredder only has a short runtime before it needs to cool down. With the Fellowes Powershred 79Ci, you can shred for 20 minutes before allowing it to rest for 30 minutes. The AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Shredder is considerably shorter, though. Amazon’s shredder runs for three minutes before cooling off for 20 minutes.
- Since shredders can vary dramatically in price, the cost may heavily influence your decision. No matter what features you’re looking for, you’re sure to find a shredder that fits your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide