Boushey & Moser The Daily 5: Fostering Literacy In The Elementary Grades
Last updated date: September 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Reading & Literacy Textbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Reading & Literacy Textbook you should buy.
Update as September 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Reading & Literacy Textbook for a detailed review of all the top reading & literacy textbooks.
Foster independence in your students by setting up an effective structure for literacy. The book helps teachers spend more time with their students one on one or in small groups. This edition includes full-color photos and charts.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Boushey & Moser The Daily 5: Fostering Literacy In The Elementary Grades placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Daily 5, Second Edition retains the core literacy components that made the first edition one of the most widely read books in education and enhances these practices based on years of further experience in classrooms and compelling new brain research. The Daily 5 provides a way for any teacher to structure literacy (and now math) time to increase student independence and allow for individualized attention in small groups and one-on-one. Teachers and schools implementing the Daily 5 will do the following: Spend less time on classroom management and more time teaching. Help students develop independence, stamina, and accountability. Provide students with abundant time for practicing reading, writing, and math. Increase the time teachers spend with students one-on-one and in small groups. Improve schoolwide achievement and success in literacy and math. The Daily 5, Second Edition gives teachers everything they need to launch and sustain the Daily 5, including materials and setup, model behaviors, detailed lesson plans, specific tips for implementing each component, and solutions to common challenges. By following this simple and proven structure, teachers can move from a harried classroom toward one that hums with productive and engaged learners. What’s new in the second edition: Detailed launch plans for the first three weeks. Full color photos, figures, and charts. Increased flexibility regarding when and how to introduce each Daily 5 choice. New chapter on differentiating instruction by age and stamina. Ideas about how to integrate the Daily 5 with the CAFE assessment system. New chapter on the Math Daily 3 structure.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Reading & Literacy Textbooks
When it comes to reading and literacy, learning is a lifelong endeavor. From young children to highly educated adults, there is always something new to explore around language, grammar, syntax, writing and storytelling.
If you’re looking for reading and literacy textbooks for your kids, start by searching for books that are level-appropriate. You don’t necessarily have to buy a textbook that is specific to the age of your child or their grade. Instead, look at your child’s reading and literacy level and buy a book that will help them learn, provide them with confidence and challenge their minds.
Another important factor to consider — especially for reading and literacy textbooks that are for high school or college — is that you have the right edition of the book. Many reading and literacy textbooks are updated and reprinted every few years. For the classics, there may be several different editions.
One of the main reasons for getting the edition that is recommended by your educator is so that you or your child can follow along with the page numbers and material that is on the syllabus. Often, as the material changes from edition to edition, page numbers also change, meaning that what is on page 100 in one edition may be on a different page in another edition.
The Reading & Literacy Textbook Buying Guide
- If your reading and literacy textbook isn’t required or recommended for your education and you are getting it as an extra resource to help with learning, you can use any recent edition of the book instead of having to get a specific edition.
- In order to improve reading comprehension for kids of any age, be sure to make reading an interactive activity. For example, instead of just reading to them or having them read the book, ask them questions about what they are reading after every chapter or section. Ask about which characters the book is focusing on, what those characters are doing and feeling, or where the book is taking place. This is also a good exercise to do for yourself if you want to improve reading comprehension.
- Textbooks on reading and literacy are great resources to have at your fingertips. Be sure to keep them handy at your workspace so you can easily access them whenever you have a question.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide