Bose Smart Home Speaker With Built-In Amazon Alexa
Last updated date: May 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Home Speakers for a detailed review of all the top .
Don't let the tiny size of this smart home speaker fool you. This compact speaker packs a powerful punch with its 360-degree sound. It's also compatible with everything from your home Wi-Fi to Apple's AirPlay 2.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Bose Smart Home Speaker, With Amazon Alexa placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Bose Home speaker 300 delivers room-rocking bass and 360-degree, lifelike sound in a space-saving size. Built-in voice assistants, like Alexa and the Google assistant, let you enjoy millions of songs, internet radio stations, playlists, and more — hands free. Just choose your voice assistant to start listening. And when the musical playing loud, the Bose Home speaker 300 will still hear you. Just under the top is a custom-designed six-microphone array for superior voice pickup. Plus, an elegant light bar will help visually indicate when your voice assistant is listening, thinking, or speaking. But control doesn’t stop at just voice — Tap the presets on the top of the speaker to play, pause, or skip tracks, or enjoy a personalized experience from the Bose music app. The Bose Home speaker 300 is part of a Bose family of smart speakers and sound bars Designed to grow with you, so you can enjoy more music in more rooms. It may be small, but it is powerful. Turn it up and feel The difference. Available in triple black or luxe Silver.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Setting up a quality set of speakers in your home can really add to your entertainment experience. In fact, some speakers make you feel like you’re attending a live concert or sitting in on a movie at the theater. With so many different home speaker models on the market, however, it can be hard to narrow down your choices.
Determining where you plan on using the home speakers is the first step in reducing the number of speakers you need to review. For example, if you want to set the speakers up outside, you can immediately eliminate all the speakers that are made for indoor use only. You may come across a model, like the Dual Electronics 3-Way Indoor And Outdoor Speakers, 1-Pair, that actually works well in all climates. The important thing to remember is that outdoor home speakers need to be weatherproof and coated with a UV protectant.
Next, take a good hard look at the space you have for the home speakers. If you don’t have a lot of room, go with something like the Sound Appeal Bookshelf Speaker Pair, 6.5-Inch. This set is on the smaller side and fits in the cabinets of your entertainment center. They also come with the option of being mounted on the wall. You can use the included eye hooks to install the speaker or a set of Aeon speaker mounts instead.
If space isn’t an issue, you can opt for a set of home speakers that stand on the floor. For example, the Polk Audio 150 Watt Floor Standing Home Speakers can be placed on either side of your television to give you a surround sound experience. They are designed to send sound to every corner in the room, so grab your favorite movie, a bag of popcorn and a few friends and let the fun begin.
Bathrooms, bedrooms and dorm rooms would do better with a compact home speaker. The Bose Smart Home Speaker, With Amazon Alexa is an excellent model, as it emits 360-degree sound. It’s small enough to fit on a shelf, end table, work desk or countertop and is compatible with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple’s AirPlay 2. This model also gives you the added bonus of a built-in virtual assistant in the form of Alexa. Alexa is well versed in both English and Spanish.
The Buying Guide
- Always handle the home speakers with care, as dropping them can easily break the inside drivers, even if they are made using a heavy-duty ABS construction material.
- Not all home speakers come with the hardware and mounting equipment required to set them up. Check this before you buy, so you know if those accessories are included in the price.
- While you can mix and match speaker brands, it isn’t a good idea. The sound will be different, and you won’t get the premium sound experience you’re for.
- It’s important to consider the items in the room will reflect the sound coming out of your home speakers. This way, you can add or remove items to get the best sound. For example, a set of curtains in front of your windows will absorb sound. Windows without curtains reverberate sound.
- To extend the life of your home speakers, you’re going to want to make sure they are cleaned from time to time. If the speakers are made of wood, you can use a product like Murphy’s Oil Soap to clean them. Other surfaces can be wiped down with a rag that has been moistened with dish soap and water. Always dry your speakers immediately after cleaning them, as excess water can soak into porous surfaces and cause damage. Of course, you’ll also want to dust the speakers on a weekly basis if you have time. You can use a dry dust cloth or a duster wand to accomplish this.
- Never use harsh soaps or chemicals to clean your speakers. These substances will not only damage the construction material but may also discolor it as well.
- Protect your home speaker investment by opting for a company that provides a product warranty. You may end up with a hassle-free year manufacturer’s warranty that covers parts and labor, or a 3-year limited product warranty that guarantees your speakers arrive free from damage or defect.
- Both construction and special features affect the overall price of home speakers. The Dual Electronics 3-Way Indoor And Outdoor Speakers, 1-Pair is one of the most affordable sets of home speakers on the market. The Sound Appeal Bookshelf Speaker Pair, 6.5-Inch is more moderately priced, while the Polk Audio 150 Watt Floor Standing Home Speakers and the Bose Smart Home Speaker, With Amazon Alexa are on the higher end of the price scale.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide