Boppy Best Latch Adjustable Breastfeeding & Nursing Pillow
Last updated date: September 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Adjustable Nursing Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adjustable Nursing Pillow you should buy.
Update as September 2, 2020:
Checkout The Best Adjustable Nursing Pillow for a detailed review of all the top adjustable nursing pillows.
Two distinct surfaces on this nursing pillow meet your needs as your baby grows. This pillow has an adjustable belt so you can secure it around your waist. Plus, it’s machine washable.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Boppy Best Latch Adjustable Nursing Pillow placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Boppy Best Latch Breastfeeding Pillow has a unique design with two distinct surfaces - one firm for newborn latch success and one soft to meet your needs while your baby grows
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Adjustable Nursing Pillows
If you’re planning on breastfeeding your baby, getting an adjustable nursing pillow is a good idea. This is a kind of pillow that is designed to provide support to the mother while holding and nursing the baby. Often, nursing can put a strain on the mother’s back, neck, arms and hands, so having something to help hold up the baby can relieve pain and make the breastfeeding experience more comfortable.
During the early days of nursing, many mothers find themselves in pain because of an improper posture or an improper latch from the baby. Moms can place the adjustable nursing pillow on their laps and put the baby on top of the pillow. This raises the baby up closer to the mother’s breast so that she doesn’t have to bend down to reach the baby. As a result, the baby can latch on to the breast much easier, and this also helps the mother sit in a more comfortable position while nursing.
In addition to using an adjustable nursing pillow while breastfeeding, many parents use it while bottle feeding as well. The pillow can be used in a similar way on your lap with the baby on top, to bring them closer to you without having to carry them.
If you’ve had a c-section, your scar may be sensitive for several weeks before it fully heals. Holding a squirming, kicking baby can be uncomfortable, especially if they touch your scar directly. Using a nursing pillow can protect your c-section scar so you don’t get any wild kicks from your baby while feeding.
The beauty of an adjustable nursing pillow is that you can change the size according to the size of your baby and your feeding position. This helps moms feel more comfortable, especially during the first few weeks when both mother and baby are learning to nurse.
The Adjustable Nursing Pillow Buying Guide
- Adjustable nursing pillows come in two main shapes. A C-shaped pillow is designed so that it fits around your waist. The pillow goes in the front and the sides of your body. There is typically a strap on the ends of the C, which you can adjust to fit your size. This helps keep the pillow in place while you feed the baby. The other shape looks like a figure 8 and typically has several layers on top of one another, kind of like the pages in a book. Moms can flip the pages to one side or the other depending on what position they want their baby in. This pillow sits on the mother’s lap, either in the center or to the side, while she feeds. Consider what pillow may be most comfortable for you and your baby.
- The type of support you need depends on the age of your baby and your preferred feeding position. Newborns typically require a firm and flat surface. This helps them stay in place. Older babies often prefer a softer surface. Some pillows, typically the C-shaped ones, come with a double-sided surface, where one side is soft and the other firm. This provides moms with a lot of flexibility.
- Babies can be particularly messy when they’re feeding. They often spit up mid-feed without warning, which can result in a lot of spilled milk. Be sure to look for an adjustable nursing pillow that has a washable cover. This helps you keep it looking clean and fresh. Some pillows themselves can actually be washed as well, so you don’t have to worry about putting on the cover.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide