bonsaii C169-B 14-Sheet Solid Steel Cutters Crosscut Paper Shredder
Last updated date: June 9, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 9, 2022:
Checkout The Best Crosscut Paper Shredder for a detailed review of all the top .
Credit cards, staples and junk mail are no match for this heavy-duty crosscut paper shredder. It's designed to handle up to 14 sheets of paper at a time and comes with a large waste basket to make collecting and disposing of the shredded paper a breeze. The basket even comes with a handy window, so you can quickly tell when it needs emptying.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the bonsaii C169-B 14-Sheet Solid Steel Cutters Crosscut Paper Shredder placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Paper Shredder for Office: Based on the patented cooling system, the paper shredder for Office Heavy Duty runs continuously for 30 mins without stopping, and destroys about 3500 sheets of paper, ideal paper shredder for office, small office and home office use. Shredder for Office Heavy Duty: Max 14 sheets of paper shredding capacity (letter size, 75g/m²), bonsaii cross-cut paper shredder shreds paper into tiny particles measuring 13/64 x 1-37/64 inches to protect your personal information safe, shreds credit cards, mail and staples as well. Large Capacity & Transparent Window: Comes with 4.8 gallons pull-out wastebasket and transparent window, Paper Shredder for Home Office Heavy Duty makes easy to see when the bin is full of paper scraps. Easy Operation & Jam Proof: With auto start/stop and manual reverse functions, bonsaii paper shredder helps you clean up the paper jams easily and free from the frustration of jamming.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
No one wants to fall victim to identity fraud — and investing in a crosscut paper shredder can help. Data theft and identity fraud pose such a big problem that many consumers have realized the importance of securing their information. This extends to the paper documents they toss in the garbage, which can easily end up in the wrong hands somewhere between the house and the landfill or recycling center. Ripping up every sheet of paper can be time-consuming, especially if you deal with a significant amount of paperwork on a monthly basis.
There are several things to consider when you’re looking around for crosscut shredders, though. Perhaps the most important is capacity. Some crosscut shredders can handle large stacks of paper, while others make you feed only one or two sheets at a time. If you plan to shred items like credit cards, you’ll need to seek out a crosscut shredder with that capability.
One of the biggest issues with paper shredders is jamming. Unfortunately, most shredders may eventually jam, especially if you exceed their capacity or they overheat. It’s important to find a crosscut shredder that can help you easily recover from those jams. Another issue specific to all shredders is that they have a limited runtime, after which you’ll need to wait while they cool down before you can insert another document. This can understandably be inconvenient, so make sure you’re aware of the limits of whatever shredder you choose.
It may not seem a top priority at first, but crosscut shredders come in various sizes. If you plan to slide your shredder under your desk or set it on a table, measure in advance to determine the maximum space you’ll need. Some shredders also include wheels, making them easy to maneuver around as necessary.
The Buying Guide
- If you’ve ever shredded a stack of paper, you likely know the tedium that can come from the task. The more pages you can slip through the feeder at once, the quicker you can move on to other tasks. Some models promise to shred as many as 18 sheets in one pass. Typically, these models can shred one sheet of paper in less than five seconds.
- Paper isn’t the only thing shredders can tackle. Some can shred credit cards, as well. You don’t even have to remove your staples or paper clips with a few other models, which can even shred these supplies along with the paper connected to them.
- Traditionally, shredders cut paper into long strips, which was great, but not nearly as secure as today’s cross-cut shredders, which slice paper both horizontally and vertically. Some may have smaller shredding capacities, producing micro-shreds sized only 4mm x 15mm.
- Capacity isn’t just about the number of pages your feeder can handle. The size of the waste bin also matters. The larger the bin, the less frequently you’ll need to stop to empty it. Look for a model that has an 8.5-gallon bin.
- If you plan to slide your shredder under a desk, look for one that has a front-loading feeder that will let you use it without sliding it out.
- If you do need to maneuver your shredder around, consider the sheer weight the bin has before you have even put the first sheet in. Models range from 10 to 28 pounds. However, it’s important to note that some shredders have wheels, so their weight likely won’t be an issue as long as you keep it in the same general area.
- Ideally, your shredder will rarely jam. If it does happen, though, it will help to have an easy way to get the pages out. However, some models are designed to prevent jams.
- Every shredder only has a short runtime before it needs to cool down. With more powerful models, you can shred for 20 minutes before allowing it to rest for 30 minutes.
- Since shredders can vary dramatically in price, the cost may heavily influence your decision. No matter what features you’re looking for, you’re sure to find a shredder that fits your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide