Boncare Battery Powered Digital Oral Thermometer
Last updated date: September 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digital Thermometers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Thermometer you should buy.
Update as September 20, 2022:
Checkout The Best Digital Thermometer for a detailed review of all the top digital thermometers.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Boncare Battery Powered Digital Oral Thermometer placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
BASAL THERMOMETER: Accurate temperature detection within 60 seconds. Recommend to keep measurement state for 1-3 minutes after the digital thermometer gives beep sounds. Easily switch the units between Celsius and Fahrenheit when you long press the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds. 3 IN 1 DIGITAL THERMOMETER: Designed with a flexible and soft tip, which can be easily used under the oral, rectal or underarm without hurting your skin. It’s convenient and safe for your entire family from children to adults. EASY TO CLEAN & CARRY: The waterproof tip allows you to clean the thermometer in a simple and hygienic way. Equipped with a hard case that you can store it convenient and carry it anywhere. FEVER INDICATOR: When temperature exceeds 100.04℉/37.8℃, clever fever alert beeping immediately. It can remember the last measurement and automatically turn off if there is no operation in 8 minutes. ATTENTION: You will see a power sign when the thermometer starts, which is only the sign on display, not the low power. When “Lo” ℉ flashing displays ,the thermometer is ready for temperature measuring. It’s your family doctor with detailed instructions.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Thermometers
When you or a loved one is not feeling well, it’s important to have an accurate digital thermometer around so you can do a temperature check. Knowing whether someone has a fever can help you decide whether they need to go to the doctor or just need to lie down and rest for a day. With young children, high fevers can sometimes lead to more serious health issues, so it’s vital to know you can trust the reading on your digital thermometer.
A digital stick thermometer is best used orally, in the underarm or rectally. They either have a rigid or flexible tip, which affects the way they should be used. The tip senses the temperature which is then displayed numerically on an LCD screen. Another type of digital thermometer is the infrared thermometer. They are designed to measure the heat that your body emits. They work in a short amount of time, typically between one to three seconds. Some infrared thermometers are to be used on the forehead, while others are designed to go in the ear. There are also non-contact infrared thermometers, which detect your body temperature from a few inches away. These are typically used on the forehead as well.
One of the most important features to look for on your digital thermometer is the display feature. It should be large and easy to read the numbers without any confusion. If you will be taking temperatures at night or in a dark room, then having a backlit display is key so you don’t have to turn on the light and disrupt your patient. Having an audible sound that tells you when the thermometer has secured a reading is also important so that you don’t remove it too soon. Having the option to turn off the beep is also helpful if you don’t want to wake someone who is sleeping.
The Digital Thermometer Buying Guide
- Some digital thermometers have age-specific features, which is handy to use if you have young children. Since high fevers can be particularly dangerous for babies and little kids, using this feature can provide you with custom alerts based on your child’s age.
- Having a quick response time is a feature many people look for, especially if the thermometer is for children. Digital stick thermometers typically take between 10 to 90 seconds to read a temperature, while infrared thermometers can provide a reading within one to three seconds.
- If you want to track the progression of a fever over time, then look for a digital thermometer that has a memory capacity. Some thermometers store the last reading while others can store multiple readings. This is a good way to check to see if your patient is getting better or worse over time and decide on your next steps.
- Some digital thermometers come with a fever alert, where the display shows a different color or makes a different sound if the temperature is elevated. This is particularly helpful when you don’t remember what temperature constitutes a fever.
- For children under 3 years old, the most accurate temperature reading will be rectally. For older kids, you can use an oral or armpit reading. For adults, using an oral or infrared reading will give you accurate results.
- If you plan to use a digital stick thermometer rectally, it’s best to get two thermometers. You can dedicate one to rectal use and use the other in the armpit or mouth. Be sure to label each thermometer with its use so you don’t accidentally mix them up.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide