Bodum BISTRO Electric Coffee Burr Grinder
Last updated date: June 19, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Burr Coffee Grinders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Burr Coffee Grinder you should buy.
Update as March 22, 2022:
Checkout The Best Burr Coffee Grinder for a detailed review of all the top burr coffee grinders.
In our analysis of 78 expert reviews, the Bodum BISTRO Electric Coffee Burr Grinder placed 10th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder with adjustable grind is our premier coffee grinder. Our conical burr crushes beans as opposed to slicing them (with your typical blade grinder); ensuring consistency, while preserving the bean’s intrinsic flavor and aroma. This burr grinder is continuously adjustable – twisting the upper bean container determines how finely ground the beans will be. 12 settings from coarse to fine, you can deliver the ideal grind for any brewing method. The Bistro coffee grinder comes with a static-free borosilicate glass container with rubberized grip to catch and safely transfer the grounds while preventing ‘jumping’ coffee grounds.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Burr Coffee Grinders
Coffee grounds are a necessary purchase for making coffee at home. But once coffee beans are ground, it has a shelf life. Some shops let you grind beans in the store, taking them home and enjoying them later. But even that can take away some of the freshness you’d get if you ground them the same day you enjoyed the coffee.
That’s where a coffee grinder comes in. With a coffee grinder, you buy whole beans and grind them in batches, using one batch before grinding the next. If you have a small household, you can find grinders that will let you grind just enough beans for a few cups of coffee. Since this process typically takes less than a few minutes, it will only add a little extra time to your morning cup but could make a big difference in taste.
There are two types of coffee grinders: blade and burr. With the blade grinder, a blade cuts the coffee beans into fine particles. A burr grinder has two cone-shaped burrs with ridges. This is the preferable grinder type for coffees like espressos because it can create a uniform size. But that consistency can also make a better-tasting cup of coffee all around.
The Burr Coffee Grinder Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at when shopping coffee grinders is capacity. If you plan to grind large batches to enjoy throughout the week, you might want one with a larger capacity. But a 4-cup grinder can be better if you prefer to make a fresh batch every day.
- Look at how long the grinder takes to make the serving size you need.
- A grinder should offer your choice for the size of each ground. The more choices, the more you can dial in your size to exactly what you prefer.
- Some grinders remember the last setting you input so that you can repeat the same choice, or dial it slightly up or down, the next day.
- If you plan to store your grinder on the counter, how it will look alongside the rest of your appliances is important. If you’ll slide it under a counter between uses, make sure it’s lightweight enough to do so easily. Either way, you’ll likely want to consider how much space it will take.
- Grinders can be relatively noisy. Some are quieter than others. Keep this in mind, though, if you have a small house and are concerned about waking others when you’re grinding in the morning. Conical burr grinders are quieter than flat burr grinders, but the conical ones are usually more expensive.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide