Bodhi Dog Plant-Based Dog Carpet Deodorizer Powder
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carpet Deodorizers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carpet Deodorizer you should buy.
Update as September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Carpet Deodorizer for a detailed review of all the top carpet deodorizers.
You'll get a pet-safe treatment with this carpet freshener, which is made from sustainable, plant-based ingredients. It fills your room with the scent of fresh laundry that penetrates deep into your carpet to rid it of even the most stubborn odors. In addition to neutralizing odors, it can also help loosen dirt and pet hairs to make it easier for the vacuum to capture them.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Bodhi Dog Plant-Based Dog Carpet Deodorizer Powder placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
ELIMINATES PET ODORS TRAPPED DEEP IN CARPET FIBERS: Effectively deodorize the carpets and rugs in your home and office the fast, easy way, leaving them smelling fresh and clean. Simply sprinkle on and vacuum up! Our powder neutralizes foul odors left by stinky, smelly messes caused by urine, feces, poop, pee, vomit, throw up, puke and accidents. Our formula lifts away lingering and old odors. Its professional strength makes it excellent for homes with multiple pets. NATURAL FORMULA MADE FROM CORN COBS: Our earth friendly formula is safe to use around your pets and kids. Its ultra gentle on your carpets, keeping them looking better, longer. The non-abrasive formula won’t cut carpet fibers causing irreversible damage like the products using baking soda. Our plant-based formula is 100% bio-degradable making it better for the planet than other chemical based products. It also reduces static electricity buildup and leaves your carpet feeling softer. AWARD-WINNING QUALITY: Winner of the 2020 Family Choice Awards. A coveted consumer award program recognizing outstanding pet products while enriching the lives of our fur friends. Professional strength that can be used to deodorize smells from urination and messes left by dogs,cats,puppies, kittens,ferrets,guinea pigs, and rabbits. The crisp scent is not overpowering and does not smell like strong chemicals. HELPS VACUUM LIFT 25% MORE FUR & DIRT: Loosens up dirt, fur from shedding, pet dander and debris boosting the effectiveness of your vacuum for a better and deeper clean than vacuuming alone. It also quickly and effectively neutralizes odors caused by cigarette smoking, cooking, food, sweat, dampness, mustiness and mildew. It can be used all around your home in a living room, bedroom, kids room, den, basement, and on furniture upholstery, drapes and automobile interiors. OUR ETHICAL FAMILY COMMITMENT: Proudly made in the USA using socially responsible practices, locally sourced and sustainable ingredients, animal cruelty free production and eco-friendly recyclable packaging. 100% Money Back Guarantee! We are a small family owned business of pet lovers committed to making great products that are safe for you, your pets and the planet!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carpet Deodorizers
If you have carpet flooring in your house, you probably already realize that it can absorb odors more than other types of floorings. Even area rugs can soak up scents like cigarette smoke and food aromas. If you have pets, they can leave their smells behind in your carpet, too, especially if they occasionally have accidents.
Carpet deodorizer can help soak those scents right up, freshening the air in your home. But not all of these products are made equally. There are products that help you clean stains, but those aren’t the same as odor eliminators and fresheners. When you’re shopping for a product to take the odor out of your carpets or rugs, look, first and foremost, for one that eliminates the odor rather than merely covering it up.
You’ll find carpet deodorizers come in two varieties. Some are liquid-based, with ingredients built in that neutralize odors, while others use a powder that you sprinkle and then vacuum up. One benefit of the latter is that in addition to absorbing odors, they can also break up the elements causing them, including dirt and pet hair, making it easier for the vacuum cleaner to extract them.
While some carpet deodorizers are unscented, others have a specific scent built in. Orange is particularly popular in deodorizing products, as the citrus is known to help neutralize odors. You’ll also find many products are made from baking soda, which is well-known for its odor absorption. This will likely be a matter of personal preference.
One feature working in favor of liquid-based deodorizers is versatility. Some spray cleaners go beyond carpet, letting you also use them to spot treat items like mattresses, litterboxes and draperies. Make sure you carefully follow the directions on any product you use to ensure it’s safe for the specific type of flooring you have.
The Carpet Deodorizer Buying Guide
- Before you use any product to treat carpets or rugs, test a small area. If the product causes problems, you’ll only affect a spot on the carpet rather than the entire floor.
- As useful as carpet deodorizer can be at neutralizing odors, you’ll likely find you’ll need to occasionally bring in a professional carpet cleaning service to fully treat all of the carpeting in your home.
- The problem with treating carpet is that liquids can seep deep into the carpet’s backing layer. You can’t fully get to that layer, which means you may not realize that these liquids cause bacteria and mildew. For this reason, baking soda is a popular product for absorbing odors from carpets. Even setting an open box of baking soda in your refrigerator can help absorb odors, so you can imagine how it can extract odors from carpeting.
- As with the original odor, your carpet deodorizer will be coming into contact with your carpet. Keep in mind that pets and small children may be moving around on that carpet and possibly even lying down on it. Look for a product that’s chemical-free and safe for use around pets and children.
- Another consideration when choosing carpet deodorizer is how it’s made. Many pet owners look specifically for products that aren’t tested on animals, but you may also want to search for a deodorizer with ingredients that are sustainably sourced.
- Some products last longer than others. Pay attention to how long you can expect freshening in your carpets after you apply the product. You will likely find a product that only lasts a day or two isn’t as useful as one that provides weeks of freshening power.
- A bonus with some deodorizers is that they help prevent static electricity buildup. If you find that you and your pets deal with static discharge, especially during the winter months, this could be a welcome relief.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide