Bluemaple Copper Women & Men Athletic Compression Socks, 6-Pair
Last updated date: May 4, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Compression Socks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Compression Sock you should buy.
Update as November 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Compression Socks for a detailed review of all the top compression socks.
These compression socks are high performance and can be worn all day. They are copper-infused to stimulate better blood flow and moisture-wicking to keep you feeling cool and dry. You'll get six pairs of socks in each pack in the following colors: purple, yellow, pink, blue, black and gray.
In our analysis of 107 expert reviews, the Bluemaple Copper Compression Socks, 6-Pair placed 5th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Apart from choosing the right size, the material of your compression socks will help determine your level of comfort. These compression socks that are made with breathable material and have moisture-wicking and skin-cooling fabric properties. Our compression socks are engineered with the latest arch to calf compression technology, offering a targeted foot to calf muscle support. The results are a boost in circulation, delivering an enhanced oxygen blood flow keeping you going harder and recovering faster. These features are especially important if you plan to wear compression socks all day at the job or while running a half marathon.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Certified Personal Trainer, Health and Wellness Expert
Stephanie Mansour, host of “Step It Up with Steph” on public broadcasting, has been coaching women for over a decade on how to lose weight and make it last. She has a Bachelor of Arts in communications with an emphasis on women’s studies and psychology from the University of Michigan. She holds certifications in life coaching, personal training, yoga and Pilates.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Compression Socks
There are many reasons why people choose to wear compression socks. They help treat and prevent a variety of potentially serious ailments. But that’s not all. They also offer comfort for athletes and active people who want to improve their performance and recovery.
Given these benefits, you’re likely to need a pair for yourself at some point. Thankfully, they are easy to find and purchase. You can buy them online, at many drug stores, medical supply companies and athletic stores. They can range in price, depending on what kind you purchase and where you buy them.
Many people can benefit from compression socks or compression stockings. Their primary use is for those with circulation problems. Compression socks help with deep vein thrombosis (DVT), varicose veins and diabetes. They can also help with post-surgical recovery and anyone who is bed-bound or has a hard time moving their legs.
Compression socks can compensate for minimal movement and prevent dangerous circulation issues. Compression socks are also especially useful for people who are active and stand all day for work. Similarly, many athletes use them to prevent injury and encourage circulation during a workout.
Finally, frequent travelers, pilots or travelers with long-haul flights on their itinerary can combat some of the effects of being in the airplane with compression socks. Essentially, they improve your blood flow, and that’s something just about everyone can benefit from. They can lessen pain and swelling in your legs. They can also lower your chances of getting deep vein thrombosis (DVT), a kind of blood clot, and other circulation problems.
“These are a great investment if you travel a lot, feel swollen, have plantar fasciitis, or any other inflammatory or pain issues with your feet or calves,” Stephanie Mansour, a certified personal trainer and the founder of fitness brand Step It Up With Steph, says. “Many of these compression socks are supportive and literally compress the skin and muscles to help with inflammation.”
“If you’re wearing these socks out with an outfit, I would choose the socks based on color and how they look! Fashion first in this case,” Mansour says. “However, if you’re not worried about appearance and looking for the most effective one, I would recommend a thicker compression sock instead of thinner one so that there’s more material and stronger material to compress against the body.”
Compression socks come in different sizes and strengths, so you or your doctor will need to decide which option will work best for how you plan to wear them. These socks are a simple but effective solution to circulatory issues. They work by putting pressure on your legs to improve blood vessel function. As a result, the arteries that transport oxygen-rich blood from your heart to your muscles can relax and blood flows freely.
Plus, the veins also get extra help pushing blood back to your heart and out of the legs. The enhanced circulation means your legs are less likely to get tired and achy and feet and ankles won’t swell. The compression also helps prevent and treat spider and varicose veins.
The most significant benefit is keeping blood flowing so it is harder to pool in veins and form a clot. A blood clot that forms in the legs can be very dangerous, even deadly. It can travel in your veins throughout the circulatory system, potentially getting stacking and clogging your lungs or brain.
The Compression Sock Buying Guide
- Anyone can buy compression socks or compression stockings, no prescription or specific condition required. However, if your doctor prescribes them for you for a medical condition, your insurance may cover the cost.
- Some compression socks come in multiple styles made specifically for men and women. However, the only real difference between men’s styles and women’s styles is size. The rest of the design is practically identical.
- Many compression socks come in bright, vibrant colors similar to athletic attire. Of course, there are also sets that conveniently come in neutral and dark shades, so they are more wearable and less obvious.
- It’s important to think about exactly what type of activity you’ll plan to wear the compression socks for before you purchase them. Some socks are made with extra durable fabric to withstand tough training. Other styles are made in discrete neutral colors and minimal logos for wear in athletic, office and travel environments.
- You should also be aware that compression socks overall come with a much higher price tag than your standard socks. There is a significant amount of technology as well as health benefits built-in, so it’s more than worth it.
- Most socks have graduated compression and fabric to optimize circulation and blood flow. Some set themselves apart with an extra-padded calf for additional support.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide