Blissun Energy-Efficient Solar Patio Umbrella, 9-Foot
Last updated: February 15, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Solar Patio Umbrellas and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Solar Patio Umbrella you should buy.
You'll get four LED lights on each rib for a powerful 32 LEDs, each powered by the sun for energy-efficient lighting. It comes with an on-off switch to make it easy to get light when you need it and an adjustable build so that you can get the perfect angle. The base isn't included, but you can buy one separately, as well as an extra pole light that brightens thing up even more.In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Blissun Energy-Efficient Solar Patio Umbrella, 9-Foot placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Energy-Efficient Lighting. 4 LED lights on each rib, 8 steel rib construction, solar-powered 32 LEDs provide energy-efficient lighting, help to light up relaxing night and create warm atmosphere. Overall Dimensions: 108″(Dia) x 98.4″(H); Dia.1.50 inch (38 mm) Pole for stronger support and durable Push Button Connector. (NOTE: Umbrella BASE NOT Included.) Easy Tilt Operation. On and off switch for umbrella solar light, easy tilt operation with push button for more angles with hand-crank lift, easy set-up and take-down so you can relax within seconds. Tilts to Get Shade. Breathable fabric that avoid harmful UV rays and guards against water, long lasting. Provide a perfect shade for your patio, garden, deck, backyard, pool. Multi places available. 9 feet diameter LED lighted patio umbrella add a festive mood to any occasion. Great for entertaining, picnics, BBQ¡¯s, garden parties, beach, camping, or relaxing in the shade. NOTE: Solar power panel needs be charged for 6-7 hrs in the sun to gain the enough energy to charge the LED lights during the night; and the on-and-off switch also needs be turned off in the daytime. Entertain day and nights. Solar powered LED lights brighten up an evening gathering, while the umbrella keeps you shaded as you enjoy daytime drinks with your friends. NOTE: When used as free standing umbrella, it needs over 26.5lb (12KG) patio umbrella base. Umbrella base not included in the package.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Solar Patio Umbrella Rankings
Few products are as ideal for solar lighting as your backyard furniture, which gets exposure to the sun all day, every day as long as your space isn’t covered. With one simple addition, a patio umbrella, you can add lighting and create ambiance for those warm evenings spent outdoors. Solar patio umbrellas have solar cells built in that collect energy from the sun throughout the day to provide hours of electricity-free illumination once the sun goes down.
Today’s top solar-powered lighting products use LED lights, which consume very little energy and stay cool to the touch while they’re on. They’re also made of epoxy lenses that makes them resistant to breaking and thus scattering dangerous bits of glass around your outdoor area.
Solar patio umbrellas can vary in the amount of light they put out. They’ll typically feature LED lights attached to the underside of the umbrella, along each rib. The number of LED lights per rib can vary, as can the brightness of each light.
Once you’ve established the lighting layout of an umbrella, the quality of the umbrella itself is essential. Your umbrella will likely be exposed to the wind even if you collapse it between uses. Durable aluminum ribs and double-stitched material that resists ripping at the seams can make a big difference.
- Patio umbrellas can limit airflow. For that reason, some outdoor umbrellas build in ventilation at the top to make sure the breeze gets through.
- Not all solar panels offer the same power. Some patio umbrellas can give you up to nine hours of light after a full day’s charge, but many only promise up to six hours.
- The length and quality of the sunlight your solar panel receives impacts the strength and length of the light output. For best results, make sure your umbrella’s solar panel is positioned to get a full eight hours of sunlight each day. Cloudy conditions will also impact your umbrella’s ability to gather a powerful charge each day.
- With most outdoor LED umbrellas, you’ll get a hand-crank mechanism for raising and lowering the umbrella. If you plan to open and close your umbrella regularly, make sure this part of the umbrella is high quality for smooth operation.
- You’ll find that patio umbrellas come in a variety of colors. However, if you need a specific color, you might find you’re limited in your umbrella styles.
- Your patio umbrella will endure plenty of days of rain and, in some climates, snow. One that repels water will help prevent moisture from staying on its surface for hours after a rainstorm.