Blackstone 28-Inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle Station
Last updated date: October 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Blackstone Griddles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Blackstone Griddle you should buy.
Update as October 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Blackstone Griddle for a detailed review of all the top blackstone griddles.
Thanks to the large 470-square inches of grilling space, this Blackstone griddle can be used to cook everything from steaks to quesadillas. It's constructed using a powder coated black steel frame and stainless steel burners, which means it will last for many years to come. It's also easy to use and has a one-push battery-operated ignition button.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Blackstone 28-Inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle Station placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
As outdoor enthusiasts and founders of BLACKSTONE we dreamed of a quality outdoor griddle and/or grill that could cook for large groups and families. In 2005 we made our vision a reality by creating BLACKSTONE PRODUCTS. We then launched the 36” BLACKSTONE griddle that is still popular for backyard cooking and which brings families and friends together for fun and food. Our spectrum of gas griddles and gas grills are popular for backyard living, a BBQ, recreational cooking or commercial grade cooking. Since then, the company has expanded dramatically and created a brand new look as well as a large new line of durable rugged innovative and portable cooking innovations including an outdoor pizza oven and the ever so easy to transport and set-up DASH – and our products will last a lifetime. By using the latest technologies available and complementing them with our own innovations, we feel we have the leading edge on the market in our categories. Our products are designed and engineered in the USA by people who are avid users and live to entertain outside – at home, in the tailgater parking lot or just about anywhere. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and how well they function while keeping the prices very affordable. We have assembled a strong and enthusiastic team with the utmost passion for BLACKSTONE and outdoor cooking including excellent engineers, intelligent industrial designers and uniquely creative graphic artists. We have the capability to make any adjustments to our current lines or create new units all together, tailored around your needs in a very short time in contrast to our larger entrenched old-school competitors. So look forward to future innovations from BLACKSTONE sooner than later. We are more than just another outdoor cooking appliance company that only focuses on the numbers and overlooks the end users by neglecting quality or deferring to accountants. We are here to stay and hope you enjoy BLACKSTONE products as much as we do.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Blackstone Griddles
Griddles are an excellent alternative to barbecue grills. They don’t have any slats for food to fall through and they allow you to cook just about any food your heart desires. When searching for the best griddle, you’ll want to take a look at Blackstone’s restaurant-quality line of griddles.
Determine how portable you need the griddle to be. The Blackstone 17-Inch Portable Table Top Gas Griddle weighs approximately 20 pounds, so you shouldn’t have any trouble carrying it to a campsite or picnic area. You can also pack it in an RV or taking it tailgating.
Check the surface area and the number of heating zones the Blackstone griddle has to offer. For example, the Blackstone 1666 22-Inch Tabletop Griddle has a 339-square inch surface and two adjustable heat controls with built-in igniters. Other models offer as much as 720-square inches of surface space and four separate temperature zones.
When opting for a larger griddle with legs, you’ll need to look at how easy the griddle is to move around the yard. The Blackstone 28-Inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle Station is equipped with two back wheels that allow users to push or pull the unit from one location to another. The griddle’s legs also fold up, so that you can store it in a garage or outdoor shed when not in use.
Consider going with a Blackstone griddle that has a host of accessories. The Blackstone 1825 36-Inch Accessory Griddle & Side Shelf has a bottom shelf to hold your serving tray, a side shelf for resting your utensils, a trash bag holder and a paper towel holder. With this model, you’ll have everything you need within arm’s reach.
The Blackstone Griddle Buying Guide
- One of the first things you’ll need to do when your new Blackstone griddle arrives is season it. The seasoning process creates an all-natural non-stick surface, so you can cook and serve food with ease. To season your griddle, you need to heat your griddle up using the high heat setting. Once the color of the griddle’s surface changes color, spread a thin layer of oil across the top. Depending on the size of the surface, you should only need between 2 and 3 tablespoons of oil. The oil will begin to smoke. Once the smoking ceases, the seasoning process is complete.
- There are special griddle cleaners on the market that you can purchase to help clean the griddle’s inner parts.
- If you have any trouble assembling your Blackstone griddle, you can head to the company website and watch the “how-to” video that corresponds with the model you purchased.
- Blackstone reports that their griddle surfaces won’t be harmed if you opt to cut your meat directly on the griddle.
- Many of the Blackstone griddles use a 1-pound propane bottle; however, the bottle is not included. You’ll need to factor this additional purchase into the overall price that you’re willing to spend.
- Some Blackstone griddles can be used with a 20-pound propane tank if you purchase a bulk tank adapter accessory separately.
- Natural gas converter kits are only available for Blackstone’s griddles that measure 28-inches or higher.
- Blackstone griddles use AA batteries for their ignitors, so you may wish to have a spare set on hand for when the batteries run out.
- The biggest factors that affect the price of a Blackstone griddle are size and portability. The Blackstone 17-Inch Portable Table Top Gas Griddle is the most affordable, as it’s the smallest and most portable model. You’ll pay a moderate price for the Blackstone 28-Inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle Station and the Blackstone 1666 22-Inch Tabletop Griddle, while the Blackstone 1825 36-Inch Accessory Griddle & Side Shelf is able to command the highest price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide