BLACK+DECKER High Voltage Outdoor Bug Zapper
Last updated date: June 16, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bug Zappers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bug Zapper you should buy.
Update as June 16, 2021:
Checkout The Best Bug Zapper for a detailed review of all the top bug zappers.
The non-toxic UV light on this bug zapper attracts biting insects, so they stay away from you and your family. The zapper then kills the insects humanly on contact and releases them into a collection tray. The tray can be removed and cleaned with ease every few days during the summer season.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the BLACK+DECKER High Voltage Outdoor Bug Zapper placed 5th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Banish bugs once and for all, Whether you're dealing with biting backyard insects or persistent house flies, this electric Bug Zapper from BLACK+DECKER provides fast, reliable pest control with maximum coverage up to 1 acre. The lantern's long-lasting UV light emits a powerful glow-gentle to the eye, but tough on pesky bugs, Hang it up high, relax and enjoy your indoor or outdoor space while the machine works its zapping magic. Once the party is over, pull out the collection tray, empty into the garbage and use the provided brush to restore the grid to a pristine clean. Designed for optimal safety and energy efficiency, our high-powered killer can also withstand rain, wind and most non-severe weather conditions. So, what are you waiting for-another bite, Take back the night and add a Bug Zapper to your cart today. Protect your yard from pests high-voltage outdoor bug zapper acts as powerful attractant, killing flies, mosquitoes, gnats, wasps, moths and other flying and biting insects upon contact dependable coverage for areas up to 1 acre. 2-ways to zap versatile design allows you to hang the lantern via provided ring and chain or rest the sturdy base on table or flat surface great for outdoor/indoor camping, enclosed patios, garage, deck, garbage, etc. Non-toxic uv light ultra-violet technology lures and zaps bugs for quick, humane kills, both day and night long-lasting lamp emits convenient glow and is relatively quiet for amazing outdoor ambiance safe for use around children and pets. Easy-clean collection tray innovative design traps, zaps and collects small and large insects within clog-proof grid simply take out removable tray to empty or leave out for use over natural setting bonus cleaning brush included. Plug in for powerful relief electric zapper lures more bugs than handheld guns, swatters, rackets and repellents and lasts longer than solar and battery-powered units, enjoy industrial strength performance and easy access to replacement bulbs.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bug Zappers
Few things can disrupt a beautiful summer night outdoors like pesky insects. Even worse, sometimes one of those pests invades your home. You can spend days swatting at a fly before it finally dies of natural causes. Or you can kill it with a fly swatter or shoo it outside. Either way, you’ll find as soon as you’ve gotten rid of one, another isn’t far behind.
Bug zappers do all that work for you, purging your personal areas of flies, fireflies and whatever else can squeeze its way inside. Using electricity, these devices have an ultraviolet light that draws certain insects in.
Unfortunately, mosquitoes generally aren’t attracted to ultraviolet light, so these zappers haven’t proven to be as effective in eliminating those. However, realizing this issue, some modern zappers have an additional feature to attract mosquitoes. It’s important to realize, though, that if you choose a zapper with this feature, you may be required to purchase separate cartridges on a regular basis, upping the cost of the unit you choose.
One of the biggest ways not all bug zappers are created equal is location suitability. Some zappers are made for indoor use only, while others can be used only outdoors. Still others are versatile enough to be functional either inside or outside, making them easy to move around as your needs change.
Although bug zappers vaporize the bugs they zap, you will find that they do leave some residue behind. This means occasionally you’ll need to clean it. If this is a dreaded task, look for a zapper with an easily removable tray that you can wash and bring back without much effort. Clog resistance is an additional benefit since bugs can get trapped due to the design of some bug zappers.
The Bug Zapper Buying Guide
- Before you shop, know the types of insects you’re hoping to eliminate. If, like many, you want protection against all flying insects, you’ll need to look for one that builds in mosquito protection since mosquitoes aren’t attracted to the ultraviolet light standard bug zappers use. Try to find a zapper that uses separately sold cartridges that attract mosquitoes.
- Bug zappers are made either for indoor or outdoor use. Check out which area your zapper is designed for before you buy.
- If you’re buying a bug zapper for outdoors, you’ll need to consider your yard size. Some zappers can cover an area of half an acre, which should handle most city and suburban yards. You may need to use an extension cord to reach all of that yard space.
- As insects die, they leave behind a residue that may need to be cleaned. Obviously, you’ll want this process to be as easy as possible. Look for zappers with trays that are easy to remove and wash.
- Clogs can also be a problem with bug zappers. Zappers with grid designs can resist clogging.
- Although you likely won’t be touching your bug zapper on the regular, you’re likely concerned about safety if you have children around. Zappers with casing designed to protect against burns are ideal for homes with children or pets.
- Bug zappers are generally fairly cheap. Some are commercial grade but approved for home use. Although this makes them very effective, it also pushes the price tag up by hundreds of dollars.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide