BLACK+DECKER Metal Flip Mini Waffle Maker
Last updated date: November 11, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mini Waffle Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mini Waffle Maker you should buy.
Update as November 11, 2022:
Checkout Make Breakfast More Fun With The Best Mini Waffle Maker for a detailed review of all the top mini waffle makers.
Safety is of the utmost importance and this mini waffle maker incorporates several safety measures. The handles are designed to stay nice and cool and to lock the plates in place to keep the batter from dripping out. There's even an indicator light that lets you know when your Belgian waffle is fully cooked.
In our analysis of 51 expert reviews, the BLACK+DECKER Metal Flip Mini Waffle Maker placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Make thick, fluffy waffles that soak up syrup and hold all your favorite toppings! With just a flip of the handle, the rotate and cook system makes perfectly formed waffles. The nonstick waffle plates are easy to clean and they’re perfect for making a variety of foods try out hash browns, grilled sandwiches, brownies, cinnamon rolls, and more! Plus, the ready indicator lights show when the unit is plugged in and when waffles are cooked to perfection.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mini Waffle Makers
While waffle makers are mainly designed to produce delicious waffles for breakfast, they can actually be used to cook a host of other foods as well. For example, you can use a waffle iron to make grilled cheese, hashbrowns, quesadillas and even pizza. If you have children at home, you may wish to go with a mini waffle maker to create smaller waffles that are easier for little mouths to eat.
Determine how many mini waffles the machine is able to produce. If you have one or two children in the home, you may be okay with a waffle maker that cooks a single waffle. Larger families, however, will want to go with a model that makes four waffles at once.
Check that the waffle maker’s plates have a nonstick coating. Waffles can be very difficult to get out without this coating.
Look to see if the mini waffle maker has any safety features. Does it have a cool-touch handle, non-skid rubber feet to protect your counter surface or a latching or locking handle?
An indicator light is also a must. You can’t open the waffle maker to check if the waffles are fully cooked. You’ll be relying on that indicator light to let you know when the popular breakfast item is done and ready for consumption. Some models go a step further and have lights that let you know when the unit is preheated, when it’s cooking and when the food is ready for removal.
Finally, determine whether you want a basic waffle shape, or one that resembles a character that your children are familiar with. For example, you can buy a mini waffle maker that creates Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles.
The Mini Waffle Maker Buying Guide
- Some mini waffle makers don’t have an on/off switch. You’ll need to remember to unplug them as soon as you’re finished cooking the waffles.
- Many mini waffle maker models have short cords, so you’ll need to use them close by an outlet.
- It’s best to clean your mini waffle maker as soon as it cools down. Start with wiping the unit free of crumbs and excess oils using a damp cloth. If there were any spills on the exterior, you can get them next. Remove the plates and wash them in a pan of soapy dish water. If the plates aren’t removable, you’ll need to take care to wipe the plates down with a soapy dish rag followed by a rag that is only wet with water. Allow the waffle maker to air dry before you put it away.
- Mini waffle makers vary in price based on design and the number of waffles the unit is able to produce at one time. The DASH Mini Waffle Maker is basic in design and only makes one waffle, which is why it is one of the most affordable models on the market. The BLACK+DECKER Flip Waffle Maker is moderately priced.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide