BLACK+DECKER Flex With Stick Vacuum
Last updated date: December 21, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Handheld Vacuums and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Handheld Vacuum you should buy.
Update as December 21, 2021:
Checkout The Best Handheld Vacuum for a detailed review of all the top handheld vacuums.
If you have pets, you'll love this handheld vacuum. It comes with a brush designed for getting pet hair. It also runs for a full 20 minutes without losing power after a full charge, which should be enough time to pick up household spills or clean up your car interior. In our testing, we found this vacuum to be easy to hold and transport while using. We also liked all the different attachments.
In our analysis of 80 expert reviews, the BLACK+DECKER Flex With Stick Vacuum placed 9th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Finally a cordless vacuum that does it all; from floor to ceiling and everything in between, the 20V MAX* Lithium Flex Vacs with Floor Head offers limitless versatility. Choose between the four foot extendable hose, the new stick vac attachment with pivoting floor head, or the Pet Brush attachment. Having an optional stick vac attachment makes this the ultimate in portable and multi-functional vacuuming. No longer just a simple hand-carried vacuum, the Flex Vacs provide easy clean-up; high or low, in the house or car, and on any floor surface – wood, tile, carpet, rugs, etc. The compact design and lightweight yet powerful 20V MAX* lithium ion battery, makes it easy to take the Flex straight to the mess.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Handheld Vacuums
If you’re tired of running to the car wash every time you need the inside of your vehicle cleaned out, a handheld vacuum can be a handy tool to have around. However, it can also help you clean up those occasional household messes. Instead of pulling out the vacuum cleaner or grabbing a broom and dustpan, you could use a handheld vacuum to quickly clean up that pool of food under your baby’s high chair or suck up some spilled pet food from the floor.
Handheld vacuums have come a long way in recent years. At one time, you’d get started only to find your battery died in a matter of minutes. The only other option was a corded handheld vacuum cleaner, which limited your reach. Today’s handheld vacuums can last up to 30 minutes without the gradual decline in use seen with previous models. Just keep it on the charging base until you need it, and you’ll be all set.
One thing to consider with any handheld you choose is that they each have a filter. Occasionally, you’ll need to clean this filter, and some handhelds don’t come with alerts to let you know when it’s time. This means you may find that you lose power gradually as the filter becomes dirty, and you may not immediately notice that loss of suction.
Weight is also an important factor when you’re choosing a handheld. You’ll often find that you need to operate it with only one hand, particularly if you’re getting into tight crevices or cleaning your car. Check the weight of any handheld you choose. Also, make sure the handle is designed in a way that will make it easy to hold with only one hand.
Finally, you’ll need to consider the price factor. You’ll likely easily find a handheld vacuum for less than $200, but some are much less expensive than others. Decide if the more expensive handheld has enough features to make it worth the higher price before committing.
The Handheld Vacuum Buying Guide
- Before you start shopping for a handheld vacuum, make a list of all of the things you’ll encounter on a weekly basis. If you have pets, you’ll likely occasionally want to grab your handheld to clean up hair on surfaces like your sofa. If you plan to regularly use it on your car’s interior, you may find it important that your handheld be able to easily grab debris, such as pebbles and leaves.
- Strong suction is necessary if you deal with fine particles, like pet hair and crumbs. Some models have the highest suction at 100 air watts, followed by the BLACK+DECKER Flex With Stick Vacuum, with 24 AW.
- One thing that might help your handheld along when it comes to picking up fine debris is a motorized brush. The BLACK+DECKER 2Ah Bagless Handheld Vacuum that comes with a brush, and the Flex’s is specifically designed to pick up pet hair.
- As with any device powered by a battery, run time is a concern. Top models run for up to 30 minutes on a full charge when used in standard mode. However, if you’re picking up larger debris, you’ll need turbo mode, which can only run for 10 minutes before going back on the charging dock.
- Size and weight are both important with handheld vacuums, which need to be able to get into the deepest crevices. The BLACK+DECKER 2Ah Bagless Handheld Vacuum is only 1.4 pounds and has a curved handle that makes it easy to get into those tight places without needing a separate accessory.
- In some cases, the attachments and accessories are the biggest draws. You may wish to look for a mini motorized tool that can tackle even tough stains.
- Before you make a purchase, consider where you’ll set the charging stand. When not in use, you’ll need to be able to store your handheld in a place that’s out of the way yet still close to an A/C adapter. The BLACK+DECKER 2Ah Bagless Handheld Vacuum has a charging stand that can’t be mounted on the wall, for instance, so you’ll need to come up with a shelf or rack for resting it.
- Any vacuum has a filter to catch all of those dirt particles. Some models also has no filter sensor, which means you’ll have to monitor when things slow down. You may find that you have to clean the filter after every two or three uses.
- Whether you’re cleaning the interior of your car or getting into those tight places, one-handed operation is a valuable asset in a handheld. The BLACK+DECKER 2Ah Bagless Handheld Vacuum is so lightweight, one-handed operation is a piece of cake. Other models have a wraparound flexible hose to help with one-handed use.
- Whether you’re operating your handheld inside or in your driveway, noise can be an important factor. Vacuums that are a bit noisy mean you’ll want to plan your vacuuming around times when others will be sleeping.
- Overall, handheld vacuums are relatively inexpensive, so you’re sure to find one that fits your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide