BLACK+DECKER Electric Food Chopper, 3-Cup
Last updated date: January 26, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Food Choppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Food Chopper you should buy.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the BLACK+DECKER BLACK+DECKER Electric Food Chopper, 3-Cup placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Food Chopper for a detailed review of all the top food choppers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Specifications Color: Black One-touch Technology: Yes Workbowl Capacity: 3-Cup Stay-Sharp Blade: Bi-Level Stainless Steel Blade Volts: 120V Dishwasher-Safe Parts: Yes Warranty: 2 Year Limited Wattage: 175W BLACK+DECKER One-Touch Chopper Item: HC300B Home cooking doesn’t have to be a hassle. The BLACK + DECKER FreshPrep One-Touch Chopper saves you time and energy in the kitchen with fast and easy chopping and mixing. The 175W motor powers the stay-sharp blade to quickly create dips, salsas, vinaigrettes, breadcrumbs, and more. The cover of the workbowl has small holes so you can slowly add in oil to sauces and dressings. Plus, all of the removable parts are dishwasher-safe for simple cleanup. Features 175W Motor Stay-Sharp Blade 3-Cup Capacity 175W Motor The motor is powerful enough to process nuts, herbs, breadcrumbs, cooked produce, and more. Stay-Sharp Blade The bi-level stainless steel blade provides long-lasting performance. 3-Cup Capacity This workbowl is the perfect size for dip, salsa, pesto, and more! The Essentials Oil Holes Dishwasher-Safe Parts One-Touch Operation Oil Holes Small openings in the cover let you add in oil during chopping for vinaigrettes and dressings. Dishwasher-Safe Parts Cleanup is simple with dishwasher-safe removable parts. One-Touch Operation The one-touch pulse control makes for simple chopping and fast results.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Food Choppers
Unless you’re a professional chef, you probably don’t enjoy spending hours in the kitchen chopping vegetables. In a tech-driven era, it seems like there should be an easier way than simply slicing using a knife and cutting board.
Food choppers have been around for years, but previous iterations have produced soggy results. If you haven’t tried a food chopper in a while, you may not realize how far they’ve come. Today’s manufacturers use extra-sharp blades and sophisticated design to give your produce the same crisp cuts you’d get using a sharp knife.
Choosing the right food chopper can be a process. You’ll see several different design options, including those that confine all the food you’re chopping to a big bowl. Many choppers are made similar to a waffle or panini iron, with both the lid and base clamping together to chop the items between them.
Each design has its own benefits. A bowl design will contain everything in one place for easy cleanup, but a clamp design can be much more versatile. Instead of limiting yourself to only the items you can slip into the bowl, you’ll be able to slide large chunks of food inside. Some clamp-based choppers have a tray beneath to catch your chopped ingredients, keeping messes to a minimum.
DYWM Fun Fact
If you’ve ever watched a cooking show, you’ve probably noticed professionals have some techniques you haven’t yet used in your own kitchen. One of those techniques you should adopt immediately is to tuck your fingers back toward your palm while chopping to ensure your fingertips aren’t within reach of the knife. You’ll also get more control of the blade if you hold the knife at the base of the blade itself, rather than gripping the handle. When slicing items like carrots, it can help to keep the very tip of the blade steady on the cutting board, then rotate the rest of the knife at an angle. Make sure you curl your fingertips while you’re doing so to keep them safe.
The Food Chopper Buying Guide
- Capacity can vary greatly from one chopper to the next. If you’re typically prepping meals for one or two people, a 1.5-cup version may do the trick. However, for larger households or entertaining friends, you may need a chopper that can handle four cups of ingredients or more.
- The functionality of a chopper relies heavily on its blades. Many choppers use stainless steel blades due to their durability and rust-resistance. But it’s also important to ensure the blades are sharp from the start so they’ll be effective.
- Many modern food choppers include interchangeable blades. That means instead of being limited to chopping onions and tomatoes, you can also slice hard fruits and vegetables or spiral slice for decoration. Some choppers even let you juice.
- As always when working with blades, you’ll need to exercise extreme caution. Keep children away from it. You may also want to invest in gloves or finger guards if your chopper doesn’t come with them.
- Some choppers are dishwasher-safe, which makes cleanup easy. If your chopper comes with a bowl that promotes being dishwasher-safe, make sure you place it on the top shelf of the dishwasher.