BLACK+DECKER Electric Can Opener
Last updated date: February 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Can Openers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Can Opener you should buy.
Update as February 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electric Can Opener for a detailed review of all the top electric can openers.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the BLACK+DECKER Electric Can Opener placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Simplify everyday kitchen tasks with the Black & Decker EasyCut Extra-Tall Can Opener. The tall, wide design accommodates most can sizes, and the EasyCut blade technology easily pierces cans for fast lid removal. The unit includes a built-in knife sharpener and a multi-tool that removes bottle caps and pop-tops. In one compact device you get a can opener, knife sharpener, bottle opener and a pop-top remover.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Can Openers
Manual can openers are good to have around in the event of a power outage, but they require a good grip and sometimes a great deal of strength to operate. For everyday use, an electric can opener is best. It does all the hard work for you.
As you shop, consider the size of the cans you typically need to cut. Short traditional models are capable of opening a can of veggies or soup, but they can’t handle the size of bulk containers. If you have a large family, you may wish to go with the Cuisinart Deluxe Electric Can Opener. It’s slim, so it won’t take up much counter space, but more importantly tall. It can handle bigger cans with ease.
Typical electric can openers cut the inside of the can, which leaves sharp edges. If you have small children at home, these sharp edges may cause an accidental cut if the can is not carefully handled. Instead, opt for something like the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener, which cuts cans along the sides. The result is edges that are smooth to the touch.
As you open certain cans, the electric can opener may get dirty. It can be hard to fully clean the blade and the surrounding area with a dishrag. Fortunately, there are models like the Hamilton Beach Classic Electric Automatic Can Opener that have a removable, dishwasher-safe cutting unit.
Determine whether the electric can opener has anything extra to offer. For example, the Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener comes with a knife sharpener. Other models have an automatic shut-off feature and added storage for the machine’s cord.
The Electric Can Opener Buying Guide
- Electric can openers that are on the lighter side may tip over when you try to use them with heavier cans. Make sure you also grab on to the base of the can opener with your free hand before you begin opening the can.
- The price of an electric can opener increases with every added feature. The Cuisinart Deluxe Electric Can Opener is a basic model, and therefore the most affordable. The Hamilton Beach Classic Electric Automatic Can Opener and the Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener with Knife Sharpener have an added knife sharpener, which puts them in the moderate price range. The most costly is the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener. This model demands a higher price due to its ability to cut cans from the sides, leaving behind smooth edges.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide