BIHRTC High Carbon Steel Sewing Scissors, 9-Inch
Last updated date: October 11, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sewing Scissors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sewing Scissors you should buy.
Update as October 11, 2022:
Checkout The Best Sewing Scissors for a detailed review of all the top sewing scissors.
These professional-quality sewing scissors are constructed from a strong carbon steel. They also feature sharp blades and a comfortable handle. Included with the scissors is a stylish storage box, as well as a pair of small scissors, stork scissors and u-shaped scissors.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the BIHRTC High Carbon Steel Sewing Scissors, 9-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
HEAVY DUTY & DURABLE: High carbon steel ensures for a durable use with sharp blades for long time use.Dressmaking scissors comes with few protective lubricating oil on the blades to keep the blades in sharp and good condition, please wipe the oil out at your first time use and be ware of the blade shapeness. DESIGN FOR MULTIPURPOSE USE: Tailoring, Sewing, Dressmaking, Crafting, Quilting, Embroidery, Office and Art Projects. VARIETY USES: The Small Embroidery scissors and U-Shape thread scissors, well-made tool that does it’s job quickly, efficiently. Very useful and practical tool for variety of material, fishing line, fabric, thread. Keep it away from children in case of any sharpness hurt. ALL-PURPOSE: Best for any use, including household, office, school student, tailor, art, craft, embroidery, quilting, dressmaking, sewing and upholstery. Great for cutting paper, fabric, patterns, alterations, denim, leather and more with an ease for all your DIY needs. PREMIUM SCISSOR SET- That includes our 9 Inch Professional Sewing Scissor, 4.5 Inch small scissors,3.6 inch stork scissors, 4.6 Inch U shape scissor, comes with a Stylish Box that is suitable for personal use or as a perfect gift.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sewing Scissors
Whether you’re an avid sewer, toiling away for hours at a time, or you’re just getting started, you need a full set of supplies. One essential in every sewer’s toolkit is a good pair of scissors. But you can waste hours using the wrong pair before you finally learn what you’ve been missing all along.
Sure, you probably have a pair of general household scissors. You can use those on your sewing endeavors in a pinch, but if you plan to put serious time into your craft, you’ll need a high-quality pair of scissors. Not only will this help you get cleaner cuts, but it will reduce the amount of effort you have to put into it. This will cut down on fatigue and keep you at the task longer and with less frustration.
The first thing to look at is the blade. You’ll want a pair that will stay sharp, cut after cut. You’ll often see this feature advertised as ultra-sharp and titanium-coated. But it’s also important to look for blades that are stainless steel because they’ll resist rust and corrosion.
The handle is also important. You’ll need one that keeps your hand comfortable while you work. Many have ergonomic grips designed to reduce stress on your hands. A lightweight build will also help, although make sure you aren’t sacrificing sharpness and quality for this comfort.
The Sewing Scissors Buying Guide
- When looking for scissors for sewing, make sure you narrow your search to scissors specifically marketed for that. You may have to pay more than you would for typical scissors, but the boost in quality will be well worth it.
- You’ll find one distinguishing factor with sewing scissors is that the blade sits at an angle. This angle gives you the ergonomics you need.
- If you have arthritis or other hand issues, you can find scissors designed specifically for that. They use a spring action to give you assistance when you’re cutting.
- Left-handed sewers will need to look specifically for a pair that is made for use with that hand.
- One issue that you’ll encounter when using scissors for sewing is contact with adhesives. Even if your blade slices through it, you may find a sticky residue remains. Some blades have a coating that keeps the adhesive from sticking around.
- In addition to general sewing scissors, there are some specialized scissors you’ll find come in handy. Pinking shears will help you cut fabric in a zigzag pattern to keep the edges from fraying, while thread clippers will do a more precise job at those fine cuts.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide