Big Time Returnable Yo-Yo
Last updated date: July 30, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Yo-Yos and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Yo-Yo you should buy.
Update as August 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best Yo-Yos for a detailed review of all the top yo-yos.
In our analysis, the Big Time Big Time Returnable Yo-Yo placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
BIG TIME TOYS PRESENTS: A new twist on the old school yoyo! This colorful toy never needs rewinding and always comes back to you making learning tricks fun! CLASSIC FUN: This simple yo-yo is a perfect toy for boys & girls ages 3 years & up. Great for birthdays, sons, daughters, or toddlers! Even teens and adults love the challenge of yo-yos. ENGAGING: Yo yos and learning new tricks have been amusing people for centuries. They provide quiet play for children, and help to enhance motor skills and hand - eye coordination. GROWS WITH YOU: Teens, children and adults can enjoy a toy that grows with your skill level. It is a great party favor for birthdays, and can be a conversation starter outdoors at the beach or park! BEGINNERS AND UP: Made of durable plastic and great for beginners, this automatic return yo yo helps increase your skills and confidence as you learn new tricks.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Yo-Yos
Even with all the technology we have today, yo-yos remain a classic staple of toy chests everywhere. Despite its lack of batteries and computer chips, yo-yos feature a design that’s surprisingly sophisticated, using a combination of energy and gravity to challenge players.
But technology has evolved the design of yo-yos over the years. Newer yo-yos incorporate more sophisticated bearings and even LED lights to make the experience more rewarding and fun. But the basic design of yo-yos hasn’t changed much. Every yo-yo has an outer shell that holds an axle and a string that spins around the axle.
One thing today’s consumers might not realize is that the design of a yo-yo varies from one to the next. Some are better suited to beginners, while others are ideal once you get a little more advanced in your play. There are even tricks you can do with a yo-yo, which may require a more sophisticated design.
Yo-yos started as wooden toys, but over the years, plastic became the standard. The weight and type of plastic may change from yo-yo to yo-yo, but it’s important to find one that’s comfortable in the hand. You can also find yo-yos made from metal, a durable option that also improves movement to give you flexibility.
The Yo-Yo Buying Guide
- When shopping for yo-yos, you’ll find the word “responsive” used with some. A responsive yo-yo returns easily to the hand when you pull up on it. This is great for beginning play. However, if you’re learning tricks, you’ll want an unresponsive yo-yo that lets the yo-yo “sleep,” remaining extended for longer periods of time.
- Some yo-yos have a more sophisticated design that extends the string farther than usual before automatically returning the yo-yo to your hand. This can lead to a more gratifying experience.
- Even the best-built yo-yo can suffer string damage, especially with excessive use. Many of today’s yo-yos come with some spare string and directions for replacing it if you ever need to.
- Some yo-yos also come with replacement bearings to help you get it back in working condition if it ever stops being as responsive as it once was.
- If you plan to get a lot of wear out of your yo-yo, you might want to consider looking for one with a scratch-resistant metal body. This will ensure that you won’t have to replace your favorite yo-yo after you’ve gotten used to the way it responds to your movements.
- If you’ve already mastered basic yo-yo moves and you want to start on some tricks, look for a yo-yo that’s designed for intermediate and advanced players. The special build of these yo-yos makes them ideal for getting your moves down.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide