Big Joe Oversized Media Lounger Beanbag Chair
Last updated date: June 24, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Oversized Bean Bag Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Oversized Bean Bag Chair you should buy.
In our analysis of 107 expert reviews, the Big Joe Big Joe Oversized Media Lounger Beanbag Chair placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Oversized Bean Bag Chair for a detailed review of all the top oversized bean bag chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Ahh, it’s the end of the day and time to Plunk down: in front of the TV, with your game console, or with a good book (or maybe with a special someone—just saying’). there’s no better way to chill (or: wink: snuggle) than with our media lounger, filled with our ahhsome foam for Colossal comfort. It features durable fabric and a smart carrying handle that makes it easy to pick up and fluff when your lounger starts getting low.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Oversized Bean Bag Chairs
Bean bag chairs aren’t just for children or teens. Oversized models provide plenty of space for relaxing with a good book or snuggling up in front of a warm fire to watch a movie with the family. In fact, most extra-large bean bag chairs are able to fit two adults. If you’re in the market for a comfortable chair to lounge around in, you’ll want to consider an oversized bean bag chair.
As you browse the available bean bag chair models, look at what the filling is made of. You’ll find some are stuffed with a premium soft shredded foam, while others contain a host of tiny little beans. There are even bean bag chairs made with memory foam. One important thing to consider when going with foam is whether the foam has been recycled. While recycling foam is great for the environment, it does tend to flatten more quickly than virgin foam.
Next, take a look at the oversized bean bag chair’s outer shell. The Big Joe Roma Oversized Bean Bag Chair is made using SmartMax Fabric that is stain-resistant and wipeable. Other chairs use either a removable double-stitched microsuede fiber or a velvet cover.
Consider where you plan on setting up the oversized bean bag chair when selecting the exact size, shape and color. For example, the Chill Sack Memory Foam Oversized Bean Bag Chair is 60 inches by 60 inches by 34 inches, which may be too big for a small bedroom but just right for a living room. It’s also available in 29 different colors, which means you’ll be able to match it with the rest of your decor.
Don’t forget to review any extra features that the oversized bean bag chair may have to offer. For example, you can buy a model that converts into a Queen-size bed. That’s a really handy benefit if you have a visiting guest. There are also models, like the ULTIMATE SACK Oversized Bean Bag Chair With Footstool, that come with a matching footstool. That gives you some extra room to stretch out.
DWYM Fun Fact
Bean bags themselves have been around since about 2000 BC. The ancient Egyptians filled smaller leather bags with dried beans or stones and used them to juggle and play games. Later, the Native Americans filled pig bladders with dried beans to play cornhole.
It wasn’t until the 1960s, however, when the concept was expanded, and bean bags were created. A man by the name of Roger Dean, who attended the Royal College of Art in the UK, requested a patent in 1968 for his bean bag-like chair, which he called the Sea Urchin. A year later, three Italians came up with a design for the bean bag chair. They named it the Sacco and it quickly grew in popularity, inspiring the models we currently use today.
The Oversized Bean Bag Chair Buying Guide
- Keep in mind that some oversized bean bag chairs may take up to 24 hours to fully inflate. If you’re gifting one to a child for their birthday, you may want to set it up the day before.
- If you feel that the bean bag chair’s fluff is too stiff or heavy, you can always open it up and remove some of the stuffing. The opposite is also true. Feel free to add stuffing to make the bean bag chair more firm.
- Every so often, you’ll want to fluff up your bean bag chair to keep it from becoming flat.
- Check the bean bag chair’s product care guide before you attempt to clean it for the first time. Some chairs have a wipeable surface, which means you can clean them with a disinfecting wipe or a little dish soap, water and a lint-free cloth. Others have removable covers that are machine washable. You may be able to tumble dry them using the low heat setting. If not, you can hang them on a clothesline to air dry.
- Oversized bean bag chairs do come in a wide price range. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, go with the Big Joe Roma Oversized Bean Bag Chair. Shoppers who have a bit more money to spend may want to consider the Chill Sack Memory Foam Oversized Bean Bag Chair or the Sofa Sack Microsuede Oversized Bean Bag Chair, as they are moderately priced. Since the ULTIMATE SACK Oversized Bean Bag Chair With Footstool comes with a matching footstool, it has the highest price tag of the bunch.