BIC Xtra-Sparkle Shimmer Mechanical Pencils For Girls, 24-Count
Last updated date: January 24, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pencils For Girls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pencil For Girls you should buy.
Update as January 24, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pencils For Girls for a detailed review of all the top pencils for girls.
You can easily advance the lead in these mechanical pencils for girls. They come in an array of pretty colors and have a sparkly look. There are 24 pencils in a pack.
In our analysis, the BIC BIC Xtra-Sparkle Shimmer Mechanical Pencils For Girls, 24-Count placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Reliable mechanical pencils with sparkly, fun designs and no. 2 leads perfect for standardized tests. Never needs sharpening and advances lead with a simple click. Smooth, dark writing lead does not smudge and erases cleanly. Lead advances quickly and easily. Always ready, sharp and accurate, BIC 0.7mm No 2 Mechanical Pencils are the perfect for standardized tests.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pencils For Girls
Pencils are more than just items to include in a backpack for school. They enable people to express their thoughts and emotions. They also fuel creativity and imagination. Pencils can be plain or glittery, colorful or gray, mechanical or barrel. There are many different options to choose from when you’re looking for pencils for girls.
One of the things to consider when looking for pencils is the wood used to make the pencils. A high-quality variety of pencils typically uses incense-cedar wood, which has a smooth and straight grain. These kinds of pencils are easy to sharpen as the wood does not splinter. Low-cost pencils are usually made from basswood, white fir and poplar wood. These budget woods can splinter easily when sharpening, but they are highly affordable. The pencils are harder than those made from incense-cedar and there are some imperfections.
The core of a pencil is made with graphite and wax, not lead as is commonly thought. Graphite can be hard or soft and varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. In high-quality pencils, the graphite is directly in the center of the wood, whereas in budget pencils, the graphite can sit slightly off to the side of center.
Pencils come in a variety of shapes. For everyday use, hexagonal pencils are ideal as they are comfortable to hold. Round pencils, especially those that come in jumbo sizes, are great for beginners who are just learning how to hold a pencil. If you are looking for an ergonomic pencil, opt for a triangular one. While they are difficult to find, they are very comfortable to hold. If your pencils constantly roll away when you put them down, go with a flat pencil, sometimes referred to as a carpenter’s pencil.
The Pencil For Girls Buying Guide
- When you have a lot of pencils at home, it can be hard to keep them from cluttering up a desk or workspace. Consider organizing pencils in baskets or tubs based on their use. For example, pencils for writing in one container, pencils for sketching in one container and pencils for coloring in another container.
- If you have young kids who use the pencils, make sure they are easily accessible so they can grab them and get writing or drawing whenever the mood hits. Providing accessibility to their art supplies helps kids develop their sense of independence.
- Some people prefer to have an eraser attached to the back of the pencil while others like to use a separate eraser. If you want to use the eraser on the back of the pencil, be sure to check the quality as some can leave grey smudges on the paper.
- If you prefer mechanical pencils, keep in mind that you will need to purchase the lead separately. It can be hard to know how much lead is left in the pencils because you cannot see inside, so be sure to check it frequently so you don’t run out.
- If you want to avoid sharpening pencils as soon as you get them, opt for ones that come pre-sharpened. This is especially handy if you’re buying a large pack of pencils as this can save you a lot of time with the sharpener.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide