Better Life Natural Stain & Odor Eliminator
Last updated date: December 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Natural Carpet Cleaners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Natural Carpet Cleaner you should buy.
Editor's Note December 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Natural Carpet Cleaner for a detailed review of all the top natural carpet cleaners.
One of the most affordable carpet cleaners on the market, the Better Life Natural Stain & Odor Eliminator keeps your carpet looking and smelling like new. It's powerful enough to lift up dirt and neutralize unpleasant odors, yet gentle on carpet and upholstery fibers. In fact, it's color-safe, so you don't have to worry about ruining your carpet when you use it.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Better Life Better Life Natural Stain & Odor Eliminator placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
stain remover, natural stain remover, odor remover, natural odor remover, natural detergent Better Life Cleaners Better Life was created by two dads (and lifelong friends) who wanted to show the world that safety and performance can play nice together. stain remover, natural stain remover, odor remover, natural odor remover, natural detergent Scented with essential oils and botanical extracts Better Life's stain and odor eliminator never contains: Sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates Petroleum solvent Parabens Ethers Synthetic fragrances Alcohol Ethoxylates Dyes Naturally Stain-Slapping Our color-safe stain and odor eliminator puts spots and smells in their place, releasing dirt and naturally neutralizing unwanted aromas. It’s the best of clean for the worst of times. Better Life featured on: Real Simple, Oprah, Shark Tank. View larger Features & Directions Clothing: Pre-treat tough stains and smells from grass, dirt, blood, sweat, and grease by spraying directly onto the problem area until it’s saturated. Launder as usual. Use as a laundry booster by adding 2 oz. to your wash cycle. Carpet and Furniture: Clean up any excess mess. Spray directly onto the area and blot with a damp towel. Repeat if necessary. Athletic Gear: Simply spray and wipe to clean and deodorize. Great for yoga mats, moisture-wicking fabric, fitness equipment, shoes, gym bags, massage tables, and more. Safe Our plant-derived products are free of dyes, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, and petroleum solvents. We offer more plant power, fewer warning labels, and formulas that are always safe for the mess makers (not the mess.) Green Better Life products are packaged using solar energy and recyclable materials, with formulas that biodegrade (break down in the environment) two-to-five times faster than leading natural and conventional cleaners. They’re also never tested on animals. Powerful Our products are grime-busting and grease-kicking, because we believe clean shouldn’t sting, doesn’t need neon dyes, and shouldn’t have to wear perfume. Our goal is to create the safest, best performing products, without compromise.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Natural Carpet Cleaners
Regularly cleaning your carpets is a great way to extend their life. It also keeps dust and allergens to a minimum, which is important if you have any allergy sufferers in your home. When choosing a carpet cleaning solution, you’ll want to look for a brand that contains natural ingredients, instead of one with harsh chemicals.
As you begin examining natural carpet cleaner product labels, check to make sure there are no dyes, perfumes, bleach, sulfates, parabens, alcohol or caustics. Instead, opt for a cleaner that uses plant-based ingredients and essential oils and botanical extracts for added fragrance, like the Biokleen Carpet and Rug Shampoo, 64-Ounce.
Review whether the cleaner is meant for use by hand or via a carpet cleaning machine. The Puracy Natural Carpet Cleaner is safe for both. It’s highly concentrated as well, so you’ll get 20 gallons of cleaner from just one 25 fl. oz. bottle.
If you have pets, you’ll want a deep cleaning solution that specifically states it’s tough on pet odors and stains. The Pawstruck Stain & Odor Natural Carpet Cleaner fits this description and it’s also free of toxins and safe for use in homes that have pets and children running around.
Deodorizing is just as important as cleaning. Look for a bottle that leaves your carpets and upholstery with a clean fresh scent. It should never mask odors, but instead use a plant-based surfactant that lifts the bad odors away with the stains.
Finally, review the natural carpet cleaner’s product label to determine if it has any additional uses. Some brands can be used to spot clean clothing, give your laundry detergent a boost and even deodorize your gym bag. Multi-purpose cleaners save you money, as you won’t have to purchase separate products for each cleaning job.
The Natural Carpet Cleaner Buying Guide
- It might take several applications to get the stains out, especially if the stains have already set in the carpet fibers.
- Some users may find some of the carpet cleaning solutions have strong odors. You may want to wear a mask while working with the product.
- Even though natural carpet cleaners are plant-based, you’ll still need to keep them out of reach of children and pets. It’s best to use a child lock on any cabinets that contain chemicals, whether natural or not.
- Always vacuum your carpet and pre-treat any stains before you use a carpet cleaning machine. As you fill the carpet cleaning machine, keep in mind that most cleaning solutions are concentrated. Refer to the product label to determine how much cleaning solution you need to add.
- Look for any special certifications that may set one brand apart from another. For example, you may find a Leaping Bunny Certification on the product label, or a Certified Cruelty-Free symbol.
- Check to see if the manufacturer supports any charities. Some brands donate 1% of their proceeds to causes that benefit the environment, while others give away 10% of their earnings to animals in need.
- When comparing the price of natural carpet cleaners, you must first determine whether it is a spot cleaner or a carpet cleaner. After that, you’ll need to consider how many ounces of cleaning solution the bottles contain. For example, spot cleaners are cheaper than full carpet cleaners. When it comes to carpet cleaners, two brands may charge the same amount, but one brand may actually contain eight ounces less than the other. The one with the most ounces is the more affordable option.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide