Bestfy DIY Customizable Cable Zipper Sleeve, 4-Pack
Last updated date: August 12, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cable Zippers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cable Zipper you should buy.
Update as August 12, 2022:
Checkout The Best Cable Zipper for a detailed review of all the top cable zippers.
This flexible neoprene cable zipper is dustproof, waterproof and washable to help provide years of use. Each sleeve measures The cable sleeve is 19.5 inches long by 4 inches wide. It comes in a pack of four sleeves, which can either be used separately or zippered to each other to create protection for the full length of your cables.
In our analysis, the Bestfy Bestfy DIY Customizable Cable Zipper Sleeve, 4-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Zip up to ensure a firm and perfect fit, our cable organizer helps manage TV, video game and desktop computer wires, reduce the mess on the desk or behind the device. Made of durable & flexible neoprene, not easy to deform, dustproof, waterproof and washable. Protect multiple cables from tearing and chewing by pets. The cable sleeve is 19.5” in length and 4” in width. 4 packs can be used alone or zipped together to extend their length and wrap more cables. Just gather cables together, wrap the sleeve around and zip-up. Perfect for home or office, tidy the space behind your entertainment center.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cable Zippers
Cable management is an ongoing issue, both for technology professionals and consumers. I.T. workers have to deal with it every day as they set up and manage servers and devices for end users. But consumers aren’t free from cable tangles. In fact, you probably have at least a few cables nearby at all times.
Cable zippers are a great way to keep everything organized and out of the way. These tools are built to hold multiple cables, known as bundles, together. Many are made using neoprene, a material that is flexible enough to expand if needed but has enough elasticity to hold smaller groups of cords snugly.
One thing that makes cable zippers a great option is their ease of application. The defining feature of these cable management tools is the zipper. Instead of having to snap your cables in and out of a device, you simply surround the cords with a sleeve, then zip it up. The zipper usually runs the full length, so you don’t have to worry about feeding cables through or snapping them in and out. If you ever need to change your configuration, simply unzip, do your work, then reapply the cable zipper when you’re finished.
Another type of cable zipper clamps around the length of your cords using a plastic build. This option resists wear more, eliminating the need you’ll have to occasionally wash a zipper made of cloth. These zippers are a little harder to put in place, so they’re probably a better option if you rarely have to access the cords contained within.
Whatever bundling tool you use, keep in mind that cables should not be compressed tightly together. They should be bundled, but not in a way that could crimp the sensitive wires within. By keeping this in mind, you’ll ensure you get many years of reliable use out of your cables.
The Cable Zipper Buying Guide
- Most sleeve-based cable zippers are 19 to 20 inches in length. You can use more than one if you have an especially long cord. If your cables are extremely long, though, you may want to go with a zipper that runs the full length.
- Most zippers come in sets. You’ll probably get four per package, so consider the various areas of your life where you could use them. You might want to use some at home and take the others to your office or keep them in your car.
- The great thing about neoprene is that it’s both dustproof and waterproof. You can remove it to wash when you need to. However, you will find it gets dirty more quickly than plastic, so keep that in mind if you’re choosing a zipper for your cables in an area that tends to collect significant dirt, such as the space behind your desk.
- Don’t feel like you’re bound to the length of your neoprene sleeve. You can easily cut holes anywhere in the fabric to poke cables through.
- In addition to zipping your cables into a bundle, you may also need to find a way to hold them in a specific position. For that, an adhesive that doesn’t leave residue can be a big help.
- If you suffer a power failure somewhere, can you easily trace the cable from the device to the wall? Whether you’ve bundled your cords or not, that can be challenging. You can make life much easier for yourself, or the person who handles your tech support, by labeling the end of each cable using something like mini write-on tie tags or small adhesive labels to help identify what’s plugged into each power outlet.
- Certain cables need to be unplugged often. You may not, for instance, want to keep a dedicated phone charger at home and at the office, which means you’re transporting it back and forth each day. If that’s the case, a cable zipper might not be the best option since you’ll have to unzip it every day and separate your cord from the bunch. Instead, consider a clip that holds the cord in place but makes it easier to slip out.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide