Best Choice Products Wide Platform Steps Step Ladder
Last updated date: April 21, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Step Ladders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Step Ladder you should buy.
Editor's Note April 21, 2021:
Checkout The Best Step Ladder for a detailed review of all the top step ladders.
Whether you're project is indoors or outdoors, you'll find this step ladder is invaluable. It comes with four steps and has a hand rail to keep you nice and sturdy. The frame is made out of a durable high-grade steel and is designed to fold up for easy storage when not in use.
In our analysis of 121 expert reviews, the Best Choice Products Best Choice Products Wide Platform Steps Step Ladder placed 1st when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
GREAT FOR HOME PROJECTS: Perfect for both indoor use to clean or decorate hard-to-reach areas, and outdoor use to repaint walls or hang lights. STABLE DESIGN: Wide steps and anti-skid rubber feet provide safety and support while you stand, work, and complete tasks. DURABLE STEEL FRAME: High-grade steel frame is constructed with strength and reliability for a home improvement accessory that's built to last. PORTABLE AND SPACE-SAVING: Lightweight, folding design makes it easy to carry and store away in a closet or garage when not in use. OVERALL DIMENSIONS (Open): 34.5"(L) x 18.3"(W) x 50"(H); Weight Capacity: 330 lbs.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Step Ladders
While working in your home or garden, you may find that a few tasks are hard to complete without getting yourself a little bit higher. Instead of risking standing on an object or dining room chair, it’s best to invest in a step ladder.
As you search for the best step ladder, keep in mind the weight of the person who is going to be using it. Some models only hold up to 200 pounds. Since the average man weighs between 194 and 201 pounds, that’s cutting it close. The HBTower 3 Step Folding Step Ladder might be a better choice as it can hold up to 500 pounds.
Look at the weight of the ladder itself next. Some models are heavy, which is necessary if you plan on using them for work. For home use, however, you’ll want something lighter and more portable, like a 3-step ladder that weighs less than 8 pounds.
Check to see if any safety measures are put into place to make using the step ladder less risky. For example, some models have a rubber grip covering the handle and waves embedded in each step. Most ladders also have a locking mechanism that will keep the ladder in an open position, so it doesn’t fold up or fall over while you’re using it.
Determine how far you need to reach. Most models will give you an extra 4 to 6 feet. If you’re looking to complete jobs that require a higher reach, you’ll want to go with a model that actually converts to a 19-foot extension ladder.
Finally, consider any extra features the step ladder may have to offer. For example, it may come with a handy tool tray or it may offer heel-to-toe support to reduce foot fatigue.
The Step Ladder Buying Guide
- Some models can be configured into a scaffolding system, but they typically require you to purchase additional accessories to do so.
- The assembly of some models might be difficult. Check to see if there are any required tools for assembly before you buy.
- The top platform can be sharp. When on the rungs, your knees may hit the sharp edges.
- Keep in mind taller step ladders are harder to store. They may not fit in a closet, so you’d have to place them in a basement or garage when not in use.
- Warning: Aluminum is a conductor of electricity. It is possible to be electrocuted while standing on an aluminum ladder if you are working with electricity.
- The price for a step ladder is directly related to the size and reach of the ladder. You’ll find smaller ladders are the most affordable. The Rubbermaid 2-Step Steel Step Ladder falls in the middle of the price range with the HBTower 3 Step Folding Step Ladder commanding the highest price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide