Best Choice Products Convertible Futon Living Room Furniture
Last updated: October 25, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Futons and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Futon you should buy.
Turn this stylish sofa into a bed for overnight guests. This living room furniture piece is ideal for small spaces and has three adjustable positions.
In our analysis, the Best Choice Products Convertible Futon Living Room Furniture placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
3 ADJUSTABLE POSITIONS: Perfect for any occasion, three backrest settings let you enjoy meaningful conversations, watch a long-awaited sports event, or even count sheep in a peaceful slumber. ROOM FOR 2: This stylish futon sofa has a 500-pound weight limit that lets you lounge in good company while utilizing a fold-down armrest with convenient cupholders in the middle. CONVERTIBLE SOFA BED: Stay prepared for overnight guests by taking advantage of the removable arm pillows and adjustable back to switch from sofa to a comfy bed in just seconds! QUALITY DESIGN: Durably crafted with tufted faux leather and 4 chrome metal legs, this convertible futon sofa fuses comfort and style that will last in your living space for years to come. PERFECT FOR SMALL SPACES: Enjoy the functionality of a full-sized sofa without unnecessary bulk in an apartment or dorm, or make it a comfortable addition to your home’s bonus room; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 30.5″(L) x 65.25″(W) x 31″(H); Weight Capacity: 500 lbs.
When space is limited, you need to get creative. Futons are a great buy for small rooms, as they provide seating in the day and a place to sleep at night. Whether you’re interested in getting a futon for your child’s bedroom, spare room or dorm room, there are a few features you’ll want to consider.
Determine whether you want to purchase a full futon set or just the frame — which could be the case if you already have a mattress but need to upgrade the frame. Otherwise, as you’re shopping, look at both the frame and the mattress. Many modern futon mattresses are filled with foam or use an inner coil system.
As you browse the available frames, look for a model that’s sturdy and durable, as well as one that meets your weight requirements. For example, one model may only accommodate 300 pounds, while another has a weight capacity of 550 pounds.
Look at the style of the entire futon next. A faux leather mattress with a tufted design is great for an elegant space, while an acrylic-coated cotton mattress is better suited to a more casual space. Of course, color is also important. You’ll find futon mattresses in a wide range of fun colors, including burgundy, royal blue, khaki, cinnamon, teal, black and dark gray.
Opt for a futon set that has additional features that add to its functionality. There are sets with adjustable backs, as well as futons with built-in storage drawers underneath. You could easily keep an extra set of linens in the drawers for overnight guests.
- Always check the futon’s product care label when it comes to cleaning the fabric. Many are listed as “spot clean only.”
- Use the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner to keep the futon free of dust and pet hair.
- It’s a good idea to rotate and fluff a non-innerspring futon mattress every other month or so. Otherwise, the filling can lump up in a few spots, making the mattress uncomfortable to sleep on.
- Should your futon mattress begin to feel a bit hard over time, you can purchase a mattress pad to place over it.
- Check how much assembly is required before you buy. While most futons are quite easy to put together once they arrive, some are a bit more complicated and require that you have a set of tools on hand.
- When it comes to price, you’ll pay the least for models that only contain the futon’s frame and not the mattress. The Best Choice Products Brown Faux Leather Futon and the Magshion Futon Furniture Sleeper Chair have moderate cost that match most budgets, while others that have two added storage drawers that are built into the unit are able to command the highest price.