Best Brice Mattress Glen Metal Bed Frame
Last updated date: October 19, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Metal Bed Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Metal Bed Frame you should buy.
This metal bed frame doesn't sacrifice where quality is concerned. It's made from 100% steel and uses nine points of contact for both stability and support. Underneath the bed, you'll enjoy 12 inches of clearance for storage. Above the bed is a rounded headboard for added style. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the Best Brice Mattress Best Brice Mattress Glen Metal Bed Frame placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Metal Bed Frames for a detailed review of all the top metal bed frames.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Best Price Mattress promises and always strives to make the best nights sleep more affordable so everyone can get the quality sleep they desire and deserve. Glen 14 Inch Steel Platform Bed Frame with Headboard is the perfect solution for the modern minimalists seeking sturdy and durable mattress support! Featuring SUPER STRONG STEEL SLATS, our steel platform bed frames are unbeatable in its strength, stability and level support. Plus, these reliable steel slats also serve to prevent mattress from sagging and enhance mattress life. The Glen Platform bed frame also features additional legs (compared to other existing metal frames) and points of contact from the floor, giving it additional stability and support. SMARTLY ENGINEERED AND SHIPPED. Powered by our relentless innovation in product development, we are able to efficiently package our bed frame and ship it out in a box right to your door. So, all you have to do is lift a finger and click. MORE STYLES AVAILABLE! AVAILABLE SIZES (inches) Twin (77x39x14), Full (77x 54x14), Queen (82x 60x14), King (82x76x14)
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Metal Bed Frames
Bed frames are the foundation to a good night’s sleep. So before you make a purchase, check this guide for suggestions of things to look for in an ideal metal bed frame.
Once you’ve landed on a bed frame made of metal, decide if you’d like your bed to have a headboard. Some models come with a headboard, while others might not come with a headboard, but allow for attaching one as long as you have the appropriate hardware.
If you live in a small apartment or home, you’ll also want to take storage space into consideration. How much space does the metal bed frame offer underneath for storing everything from photo albums to your wedding dress?
The type of mattress you plan to use with the bed frame is also important. There are styles of bed frames that work with memory foam, traditional spring and hybrid mattresses. Additionally, most frames can handle a box spring, but keep in mind that not all bed frames are designed for both a box spring and a mattress.
Also consider looking for a metal bed frame that won’t creak every time you roll over in the middle of the night, particularly if you’ve got little ones in the house.
Finally, check to see how easy or complex the metal bed frame is to assemble. Some models require the use of your own tools, while others don’t need any tools at all. If you have a handyman in your home, this may not be an issue.
DWYM Fun Fact
Beds were originally constructed to keep people off of the ground while they slept so that bugs and rodents wouldn’t crawl on them. Beds have evolved significantly over time, being made from straw and animal skins in the early days and cloth filled with wool or feathers around 200 BC.
It wasn’t until the 18th century that mattresses were made with cotton. It was also during that time that the first mattress pads were created. The first box springs were made from woven rope.
The Guinness World Records Book lists the Netherlands as having the largest bed ever constructed. It was 86 ft. 11 in. long and 53 ft. 11 in. wide.
It is estimated that humans spend at least one-third of their lives sleeping in bed, which makes choosing the right bed seem much more important.
The Metal Bed Frame Buying Guide
- Most bed frames made of metal can be wiped down with a wet cloth to remove accumulated dust. You’ll also want to do this if you ever need to fold up and store the frame, such as during a move or to set aside for when company visits.
- If your metal frame has any rust spots, brush the rust off with steel wool. Afterward, coat the area with a sealant.
- When storing a bed frame, it is important to wrap it in some kind of blanket. Moving blankets are ideal for this. Not only does this protect the frame, but it also keeps the metal frame from scratching anything else in your garage or storage unit.
- Not all bed frames are ideal for all mattress types. Before you select a frame, make sure you know it will accommodate the type of mattress you plan to buy. Additionally, not all bed frames are capable of attaching to a headboard. If you plan to use a headboard, check to see what hardware, if any, is needed to get the job done.
- If you ever need to move your bed around the room due to a remodel, consider using a set of sliding discs under the feet. These discs protect your flooring, while making it a cinch to push the bed into a new position.