Bento Lunch Box – 3 Tier Box Containers – Microwave/Freezer Meal Box For Adults & Kids (Pink)
Last updated date: November 20, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bento Lunchboxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bento Lunchbox you should buy.
In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Thousanday Thousanday 3 Tier Bento Lunch Box placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 26, 2019:
Checkout The Best Bento Lunchbox for a detailed review of all the top bento lunchboxes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
bento box for kids When you live a busy, on-the-go lifestyle, it can be difficult to find time to eat healthy with so many fast food or gas stations options available. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead with healthier, more delicious food choices created right in your own kitchen—and we at THOUSANDAY want to help. THOUSANDAY created the versatile, durable and reusable meal prep containers possible. Designed for the modern home, the 3-compartment bento boxes let you stick to a healthy diet plan, store dinner leftovers, send kids to school with better choices, and so much more! Bento Lunch Box For Kids THE PERFECT TASTE The taste of your favorite meals is preserved perfectly by the very durable food-grade and taste-neutral virgin plastic. kids lunch containers FOR ALL OCCASIONS Thanks to their premium quality, the containers can be used anywhere and anytime, be it at home, at school or at the office. PRODUCT FEATURES bento box containers kids lunch box kid bento box PREMIUM LOOK & DESIGN The product features clear lids and cutlery for an optically pleasing presentation of your food. EASY-OPEN LIDS Not only do the lids securely hold in stored food, but they also remove without effort, making the containers a great choice for young kids. TOP-NOTCH QUALITY Made from BPA, PVC, and Phthalate free materials, these FDA and LFGB approved meal prep containers are 100% food safe. bento box for kids LASTS FOREVER The containers is great stability, they can be frozen in the freezer,heated in the microwave and cleaned in the top rack of the dishwasher without any damage. PRODUCT DETAILS ✔Meal Prep Containers ✔3 Compartment ✔Matching Airtight Freshness Lids ✔Food Grade Safe, BPA Free ✔Dimensions: 8.2” x 5.5” x 2.3” ✔1 x Spoon ✔1 x Fork
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bento Lunchboxes
Did you know you can actually save around $2,400 a year by packing your lunch verses buying one near your office? Lunchboxes are not only an excellent choice when it comes to saving money year-round, but they’re also ideal if you want to consume healthier foods when all you have nearby are fast food joints.
While shopping for the best Bento lunchbox, keep the following features in mind:
Start by examining the materials used to construct the lunchbox. Some are made of plastic, while others are created from an 18/8 food-grade FDA-approved stainless steel. Stainless steel is a good choice, as it won’t rust or stain. If you’re searching for an eco-friendly lunchbox, go with the Itopor Bento Lunch Box, which is actually made from wheat fiber. No matter which material you select, double-check that it’s listed as BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about toxins leaking into your food.
Determine how many compartments the lunchbox has and whether the lid has a tight enough seal to keep the ingredients separate. Most Bento lunchboxes have three compartments, like the Modetro Ultra Slim Leak Proof Bento Lunchbox that is designed with proper portion control in mind. This model also individually isolates its compartments, so there’s no seepage from one compartment to the other. Other models don’t offer this, which means you’ll only be able to use them with dry foods.
Consider the size of the Bento lunchbox. In addition to the more traditional size that fits a sandwich and two sides, there are also slim models and models that are made for snacking. The LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container, for example, is small in size and a better choice for packing nuts, cheese cubes and grapes for a child’s sporting event.
Look for any extras that put one model above another. You may find one company offers a complimentary recipe book, while another provides a choice of stylish lids. The MONKA Bento Lunch Box + Thermos, Lunch Bag includes a host of extras, such as a plastic utensil kit, a thermos for drinks and soups and a lunch bag to carry everything in.
DYWM Fun Fact
Lunchboxes first came about in the 1800s when certain workers didn’t have enough time to go home for their midday meal. These workers started off using old tobacco tins to hold their food. Before long, metal pails with handles were the lunchboxes of choice.
During the 1900s, children got in on the action with metal character lunchboxes that they could take to school. These lunchboxes featured the likes of Mickey Mouse and The Lone Ranger. As plastics became more widely used, the old metal lunchboxes were tossed aside for the more cost-effective plastic versions. Today’s generation has a choice of lunchboxes made from a variety of different materials.
The Bento Lunchbox Buying Guide
- Look for a money back guarantee, as several companies offer this with the sale of their bento lunchboxes.
- Check the product care label before washing your bento lunchboxes. While some are dishwasher safe, others are not. Depending on the type of plastic used, the lunchbox may be safe for the top shelf of the dishwasher. Of course, it is always safe to wash the lunchboxes by hand with warm water and a little dish soap.
- Lunchboxes that begin to smell can be deodorized using either white distilled vinegar or baking soda. Both of these affordable grocery items are known for their ability to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- If you pack a lunch for your child or spouse, consider adding a fun note each day. The note can contain a sweet sentiment, joke, riddle, photo or trivia question.
- Your bento lunchbox doesn’t have to be used strictly for food. You can also use it to store screws in your workshop or hair accessories in your child’s bathroom. The separate compartments within the box make it a perfect tool for organizing certain spaces within the home.
- There are several factors that affect the price of bento lunchboxes. These include the materials used to make the lunchboxes, as well as any extra features and products. The Modetro Ultra Slim Leak Proof Bento Lunchbox is just slightly higher in price than the Itopor Bento Lunch Box because even though both models are basic, the Modetro has an added lunch bag. You’ll find the LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container is higher in price then the Modetro and Itopor models, thanks to its stainless steel construction. At the top of the line is the MONKA Bento Lunch Box + Thermos, Lunch Bag because of its added thermos and lunch bag.