Bellemain Adjustable Thickness Replacement Stainless Steel Cutting Cheese Slicer
Last updated date: June 12, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cheese Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cheese Slicer you should buy.
Made from a zinc alloy with a stainless steel wire, you won't have to worry about this cheese slicer becoming stained or developing rust. The wire cutter is adjustable, so you'll be able to cut the cheese in your preferred thickness. The handle is also easy to hold, allowing for a perfect cut without much effort. In our analysis of 60 expert reviews, the Bellemain Bellemain Adjustable Stainless Cutting Cheese Slicer placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cheese Slicer for a detailed review of all the top cheese slicers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The Corner Deli Has Nothing On This Cheese Slicer Now slicing fancy cheese right at home is fast and easy. With the adjustable stainless steel wire cutter, you can slice paper thin slices or perfectly even slices up to ¼” thick. Your grilled cheese sandwiches have never had it this good! Top burgers, sandwiches and crackers without breaking a sweat. Fancy hors d’oeuvres? No problem. The Bellemain Cheese Slicer can handle it all. Cast In One Solid Piece For Ultimate Durability And Beauty By far, the Bellemain Cheese Slicer is the most elegant slicer on the market and it’s easy to see why. The single, solid cast zinc alloy body is both beautiful and extra-strong. You'll be slicing cheese effortlessly for years into the future. Not One, But TWO Super Sharp Stainless Steel Cutting Wires Included After you’ve experienced how easy and fast slicing cheese can be with the Bellemain Slicer, you'll never go back to cutting up bricks of cheese with a knife. The cutting wire never needs sharpening, unlike knives. A replacement wire is included in the unlikely event that you ever need it. You’re Covered By Our Full 1-Year Warranty The Bellemain Adjustable Cheese Slicer is backed up by our comprehensive full replacement guarantee. You are going to love how your new slicer performs. Order Your New Bellemain Adjustable Cheese Slicer Today And Your Family Can Be Savoring The World’s Most Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches By Tomorrow
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cheese Slicers
Did you know the first cheese slicer took about an hour to produce? Technology has advanced so much that today an astounding 7,000 cheese slicers can be made in that same amount of time.
Cheese slicers are popular for two main reasons. They significantly cut down on the time you spend prepping your food and they produce a uniform cut in your desired thickness.
If you’re ready to add a cheese slicer to your stockpile of kitchen must-haves, there are a few different types to consider.
The most basic cheese slicer is handheld. You’ll find some of these models come ready to make small cuts in your cheese, while others have a wire cutter that can be adjusted to your desired thickness. The important thing is that you make sure the handle is constructed using an ergonomic design. Not only does this make the handle more comfortable to hold, but it also prevents wrist fatigue.
A tabletop cheese slicer is typically created using high-quality plastic and is best for larger blocks of cheese. They also eliminate the need to do the cutting directly over your countertop. If you’re interested in this type of cheese slicer, you need to make sure there are rubber feet underneath the base of the slicer to keep your table from becoming scratched when you use it.
Board slicers are similar to tabletop cheese slicers, in that, they have a base and a cutting tool. They are usually made of either stainless steel, wood or marble. They are different because they have a handle that includes a wire, which does all the slicing for you.
You can also go with a multipurpose cheese slicer. It’s designed to effortlessly cut through both soft and hard cheese but can also slice other foods, including meats, fruits and vegetables. That means you won’t have to purchase a separate slicer, as the cheese slicer acts as an all-in-one.
DWYM Fun Fact
The cheese slicer actually dates all the way back to 1925. It was the creation of Thor Bjørklund, a Norwegian cabinet maker. Bjørklund had a love for gouda cheese and wondered if there was a way to cut it into smaller pieces for easier consumption. He conducted a few experiments using the tools he had in his workshop. Once he found a tool that worked, he scaled it down and came up with the world’s first cheese slicer. Although he registered a patent for his design in the same year, the cheese slicer didn’t go into production until two years later.
The Cheese Slicer Buying Guide
- Check whether the cheese slicer comes ready to use or if some assembly is required.
- Reviewers report that cheese slicers that come with replaceable wires often have wires that come loose after just a few uses. They also state that it is difficult to find replacement wires available for purchase.
- If the cheese slicer you select has no locking mechanism, you’ll need to be careful how you store it. The blade is sharp and could cause an accidental cut if picked up out of a drawer the wrong way.
- Some cheese slicers may not work on hard cheeses.
- Not all cheese slicers are dishwasher safe. You’ll need to clean them by hand using warm water and a little dish soap. A toothbrush with soft bristles can be used to help you fully clean the parts of the slicer that are difficult to reach with a washrag. It’s important, however, that you never use a scrub brush or an abrasive cleaner on the cheese slicer, as this could damage the blade or cause scratches to the outer surface.
- It’s a good idea to occasionally spray the cheese slicer with a food-safe disinfectant spray.
- Generally, cheese slicers are quite affordable, although you can pay a bit extra for a multipurpose unit. The Bellemain Adjustable Stainless Cutting Cheese Slicer, the KitchenAid Classic Cheese Slicer and the BOSKA Copenhagen Cheese Slicer are all around the same price point. You’ll pay more for the Westmark Adjustable Multipurpose Stainless Cheese Slicer, as it can be used to slice meats, fruits and vegetables in addition to cheeses.