Bellemain 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan
Last updated date: March 31, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Madeleine Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Madeleine Pan you should buy.
Made from a heavy-duty carbon steel, the Bellemain 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan is designed to last. The pan features a nonstick coating that not only slides the dessert treats out with ease, but also makes clean up a cinch. If you prefer not to wash the pan by hand, you can place it in your dishwasher. In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the Bellemain Bellemain 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Madeleine Pan for a detailed review of all the top madeleine pans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Bake foolproof French butter cakes and soft cookies with the Bellemain Nonstick Madeleine Pan. Its combination of old-time durability and modern convenience is irresistible ... and so are the sweet treats it creates! Solid Cast of Strong, Durable Carbon Steel Commonly seen in extreme-use cookware such as woks, carbon steel is second only to aluminum in heat conductivity, and it's much more resistant to denting and bending than aluminum. So you can expect many years of turning out delicious, evenly baked little cakes for every occasion, from elegant tea parties to after-school snacks. Nonstick Coating for Better Results It's the delicate shell-like fluting that makes madeleines so pretty ... and so difficult to get perfect. Traditional madeleine molds required heavy pre-greasing, and still caused quite a few damages when the baker tried to dig the madeleines out of them. But thanks to modern nonstick technology, your madeleines will slide right out of the Bellemain pan. Easy Clean-Up The nonstick coating also makes cleaning the Bellemain Nonstick Madeleine Pan practically effortless. No scraping or scouring necessary; it can even go right in the dishwasher.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Madeleine Pans
Madeleines are known for their attractive shell-shaped design and delicious cake-like texture. They not only work well as an after-dinner dessert, but they also go swimmingly with a cup of afternoon tea. Whether you’re interested in making madeleines for your family or a group of friends, you’ll need a good madeleine pan. Below are the features you’ll want to look for when shopping for the best pan.
Start with selecting a durable madeleine pan that is designed to last. The Bellemain 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan is made from heavy-duty carbon steel that is resistant to bending and denting. It’s also able to conduct heat evenly, so each madeleine is equally delicious.
Look for a pan with a nonstick coating or you’ll need to heavily grease your pan. You’ll find the Fox Run 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan has a nonstick coating that releases the cakes without any effort, leaving your shell-shaped designs intact. Don’t forget to check that the nonstick coating material is free of toxins like BPA, PFOA and PTFE. Silicone-based nonstick coatings are a good choice for this reason.
Consider the number of people you plan on serving. Most madeleine pans make 12 cakes each, however, you’ll find models like the USA Pan 16-Cup Madeleine Bakeware can accommodate a larger number of madeleines with each batch. If you place two pans in the oven at a time, that’s an extra eight cakes!
Make sure the pan is able to accommodate the temperature your madeleine recipe calls for. The Chicago Metallic 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan is oven safe in temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Since most madeleine recipes range from 375 degrees Fahrenheit to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, the Chicago Metallic pan is a safe choice.
DWYM Fun Fact
There is a lot of speculation surrounding who invented the madeleine, but no one has been confirmed. We do know, however, that the French author Marcel Proust first wrote about the delicious dessert in 1913 in his novel “Swann’s Way.”
Although this cake-like dessert has always been popular in France, the madeleine has now gained recognition worldwide. Home chefs follow the basic recipe of flour, sugar, eggs and butter and then add their own personal touches. For example, madeleines can be flavored with citrus juice or vanilla or dipped in chocolate and covered with chopped nuts or coconut flakes.
The Madeleine Pan Buying Guide
- You’ll need to use care as you handle the madeleine pan. It has no rim to grip and you don’t want to accidentally drop the pan and lose all of your tasty cakes.
- Check the product care label to determine how best to clean your madeleine pan. Some are dishwasher safe and others must be cleaned by hand using soapy dishwater and a non-abrasive sponge. Also, some companies point out that while the product is dishwasher-safe, it will last longer if the owner opts to wash the pan by hand.
- Sharp-edged utensils and knives are not to be used with the madeleine pans or they will scratch and remove the nonstick coating. The same goes for steel wool pads and abrasive cleaners. Once the coating is compromised, the cakes will begin to stick to the pan.
- Never use madeleine pans under a broiler. They are not designed to be used in high heat.
- Look for a warranty or money-back guarantee. Some companies offer a limited lifetime guarantee on their madeleine pans, which assures you you’re buying a quality product that manufacturers are willing to stand behind.
- The style and the quantity of cakes the madeleine pan makes affect the overall price of the pans. You’ll find the Bellemain 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan and the Fox Run 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan are the most affordable, while the Chicago Metallic 12-Cup Nonstick Madeleine Pan commands a slightly higher price due to its metallic design. The USA Pan 16-Cup Madeleine Bakeware sits at the top of the price range, as it can make four additional madeleines at a time.