BELLA Dishwasher Safe 2-Tier Food Steamer, 7.4-Quart
Last updated date: January 16, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Food Steamers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Food Steamer you should buy.
Update as January 16, 2023:
Checkout The Best Food Steamer for a detailed review of all the top food steamers.
Perfect for small apartment, in-law suites or RVs, this food steamer is a stand alone unit that doesn't require the use of a stove. It features two tiers for cooking meat on one level and vegetables or rice on the other. Using the unit is a breeze as well, as it features a water indicator level and just one front knob.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the BELLA Dishwasher Safe 2-Tier Food Steamer, 7.4-Quart placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The BELLA 7 Liter (7.4 Quart) Food Steamer is the perfect and healthy way to cook your favorite foods. This health-focused cooking method shaves off the unwanted calories and unnecessary cooking additives/oils helping you live a healthier and cleaner dietary lifestyle! The BELLA Food Steamer cooks your favorite meats, veggies and grains with one quick twist of knob. Simply pour in the water, set your food in the cooking basket and set the timer. Voila! You will be enjoying your juicy and flavor packed meal in under 1 hour! What’s more? This unit features an auto shutoff feature and boil dry protection for ultimate safety. By steam-cooking, the vegetables are kept as close to their natural raw state as possible, whileheating through thoroughly. This not only prevents the vegetables from turning mushy but it also allows them to retain their original color, taste, juices and freshness.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Food Steamers
There’s no shortage of options when it comes to food steamers. In fact, there are so many different styles, you’ll first have to decide the type of steamer you want to use. One of the easiest, most affordable, ways to add a steamer to your kitchen appliance collection is by choosing a steamer basket that fits into your existing pots and pans. You can even find steamer baskets that will slide handily into your pressure cooker.
Another popular option is the steamer set, which features the large outer pot and the steamer insert that fits inside. Like the steamer basket, you’ll use this type of steamer on your stove, so it’s important to make sure you choose an option that will work on the type of stovetop you have. Many are made from stainless steel, so they’ll work with gas or induction stoves and should also be safe for ceramic cooktops.
One last type of steamer is the dedicated appliance. These set up on any surface and include everything you need to steam food. The downside of this type is that you’ll need somewhere to store it when it isn’t in use, but the upside is that it keeps your stovetop free for cooking other items.
The Food Steamer Buying Guide
- Safety is a top consideration when you’re considering any cooking appliance. With a steamer, take an especially close look at the handles. Some steamers promote their handles as safe to touch even without oven mitts, but you may want to test this before trusting it. Some consumers report that the handles get hotter than advertised.
- The design of the steamer contributes to how evenly it can cook the food inside. Many basket-based steamers have a thick aluminum core covered in stainless steel on either side to promote even cooking. Other types of steamers emit steam from the top of the unit down to ensure heat is distributed as evenly as possible.
- As you’re shopping for a steamer, pay attention to the lid, as well. Some steamers include self-basting lids to lock flavor in. Many others have clear lids so you can monitor the progress of the food inside.
- If you’re not a fan of handwashing dishes, look for a steamer that is dishwasher safe.
- Some steamers go beyond steaming food to let you also boil, heat and simmer items. If you plan to use your steamer in the oven, make sure it’s rated for oven use.
- Stainless steel is typically the best bet when it comes to cookware you want to last.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide