Beetles Long Lasting High-Gloss Gel Nail Polish Kit, 2-Piece
Last updated date: May 30, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Gel Nail Polish Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Gel Nail Polish Kit you should buy.
Update as June 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Gel Nail Polish Kit for a detailed review of all the top gel nail polish kits.
In our analysis, the Beetles Beetles Long Lasting High-Gloss Gel Nail Polish Kit, 2-Piece placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
All Season Gel Polish Set: Long lasting for 21+ days with perfect shine. Black and White gel polish set is an ESSENTIAL for everyone! Environmental & Healthy: 9 Toxin Free Ingredient makes it healthy and low odor. No harsh ingredients or adhesives that lead to damaged nails. Easy Application and Good Tenacity. With proper application, last at least 3 weeks. Speed Curing with UV LED Nail Lamp: The gel nail polish kit need to be cured under UV LED light. Base and Top coat required. Average for UV LED light 60-120 secs.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Gel Nail Polish Kits
Gel nail polish lasts up to three times longer than regular manicures, but having them done at a salon can be time-consuming and expensive. Salons usually charge $35 and up for gel nails. In contrast, some DIY kits cost less than $20. It’s not hard to apply your own at home, and you can easily apply designs and other decorations with a steady hand.
The kits can include a few colors or as many as two dozen, plus base and top coats. You can also shop for kits that include things like nail clippers, files and buffers.
These kits usually come with two top coats. One will be for a matte finish, while the other will be glossy. You’ll also find polishes with glitter and kits that come with rhinestones to attach to your painted nails. Check the sizes of the polish bottles since some are smaller than others. Unopened, securely stored gel polish can last up to three years, but once opened, the shelf life is much shorter; if it thickens up and starts to smell strange, throw it out.
At-home gel nail polish applications don’t always require a UV lamp for drying, but using a UV lamp can result in a more finished look. These LED nail lamps emit UV rays that convert the gel from liquid to solid. These lamps are not expensive, and many kits include them. To remove the polish, you have to cover the nails with cotton balls soaked in acetone, wrap them up in tin foil and wait about 15 to 20 minutes.
The Gel Nail Polish Kit Buying Guide
- Many gel polishes are SGS-certified (Standard Global Services). This agency inspects, tests and certifies various products, including cosmetics.
- Look for gel nail polishes that have non-toxic, odorless ingredients.
- If you don’t like every polish color in a large kit, give some away as gifts or trade with family and friends.
- One bottle of base coat might not be enough for all polish applications, so you will probably need to buy more (especially for larger sets).
- Trim, file and buff your nails before applying polish; also, use nail clippers to trim around the nails.
- The UV lights usually have timers, and you’ll need to dry your base coat, polish coats and top coat separately.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide