Bedtime Originals Polyester Elephant Stuffed Animal, 8-Inch
Last updated date: May 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 26, 2022:
Checkout The Best Stuffed Animal for a detailed review of all the top .
This stuffed animal is made of a quality polyester material that is soft to the touch. Children will love cuddling with the elephant during nap- or bedtime. The plush has large ears that can also be customized with a newborn's birth date, weight and height, making it an excellent personalized gift.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Bedtime Originals Polyester Elephant Stuffed Animal, 8-Inch placed 11th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Choo Choo express plush dunphy the elephant measures approximately 9″ long x 8.5″ wide, when sitting down. It is made of 100% polyester. Care instructions: machine wash in gentle cycle, tumble dry low and remove promptly. Age Group:Infant, Toddler
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Although you may think of small children when you hear the words “stuffed animals,” these toys are actually enjoyed by individuals of all ages as well as man’s best friend. If you’re searching for the best stuffed animal for your little one, friend or family pet, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind.
Make sure the plush does not pose a choking hazard. For example, a toy that has lock washer eyes that stay fastened is a good choice. Other models have cotton eyes that are stitched into place, so they can’t be ripped off and swallowed by a curious toddler — or German shepherd.
Review the material used to make the stuffed animal. A child’s tendency is to snuggle the cute plush, so you want to make sure it is soft to the touch. A plush that is constructed from a quality polyester is ideal for little ones to hold during bed- or naptime.
Check to see if the stuffed animal moves or plays music. This provides an added level of entertainment for toddlers between the ages of 2 and 4, who are exploring the concept of cause and effect. One example is the GUND Animated Elephant Stuffed Animal, 12-Inch. When children press on the foot of this elephant, it flaps its ears and sings the song “Do Your Ears Hang Low.” The elephant’s ears are also oversized so that the animal can play peek-a-boo with your child.
Examine the size of the stuffed animal and make sure it is appropriate for the age of the individual you plan on gifting it to. A giant giraffe stuffed animal that is 4-feet tall is so big that it’s best for pre-school and kindergarten-aged children. There are models that are handcrafted and made with wire-framed legs that are soft and bendable. Parents can even use this type of plush to keep an eye on how big their children are getting by taking pictures of their kids every six months standing next to the 4-foot tall giraffe.
Consider any extras that the stuffed animal may offer. Some models can be purchased and customized with a newborn’s birth date, weight and height on the animal’s belly or ears, while others have accessories, like a pacifier or outfit for dressing.
The Buying Guide
- Check the stuffed animal’s recommended age. Some are listed as not suitable for children under the age of 3, while others are approved for use with newborns.
- Read the product care label to determine how the stuffed animal should be cleaned. Some teddy bears are not machine washable, while others can be machine washed using the gentle cycle and tumble dried using the low heat setting. It’s also a good idea to remove the plush as soon as the dryer beeps.
- As your child grows, he or she may lose interest in their stuffed animals. You may wish to save a few of your child’s favorites to pass on to any future grandkids. To do this you’ll need a box that has a few moisture-absorbing gel packs placed in the corners. Place the toys in the box and seal it up to keep moths and other critters out. Label the box and then store it in a location that is cool and dry.
- Unfortunately, lice is commonly passed among children. If this pest enters your home, it can live on your child’s stuffed animals. You’ll need to toss your plush creatures in a plastic bag and make sure the bag is sealed shut. Set the bag in an attic or garage for three weeks. Afterward, the toys will be safe for your child to play with.
- Some parents opt to rotate their child’s toys. This keeps kids from getting bored or overwhelmed by a large number of available toys at once. Keep a large plastic tote in a closet or attic. Place a few stuffed animals and other toys in it that can be tucked away for a month or two. After your designated amount of time has passed, switch the toys in the tote with toys in your child’s playroom. Repeat every month or two.
- As you compare prices for the stuffed animals you’re interested in buying, you’ll need to take into consideration any extra features the plush may have. For example, a basic stuffed animal will be low in price. The GUND Animated Elephant Stuffed Animal, 12-Inch, however, costs more because it also sings and flaps its ears.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide