Beats Pill Bluetooth Speaker
Last updated date: June 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as June 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Bluetooth Speakers for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 47 expert reviews, the Beats Pill Bluetooth Speaker placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Get the party started wherever you are with the Beats by Dre Pill 2. 0 Speaker. It’s small enough to grip in your hand while putting out rich and powerful sound that easily fills a room or enlivens outdoor gatherings. Control the speaker from up to 30 feet away with any Bluetooth-enabled device, or plug in your audio device if it’s not Bluetooth enabled. If you want to pump up the volume or create a stereo effect, you can pair your Bluetooth-enabled device with two separate Pill speakers to amplify your sound, or set one speaker as the left output and the other as the right output. The Pill 2. 0 can also synch any Bluetooth-enabled device to an external speaker system if you’d rather have your tunes blasting through your home stereo system or you want to watch a movie on your computer with surround sound. Possibilities abound. This portable, wireless speaker runs on a rechargeable battery, and is capable of charging your phone or external device if needed. It includes a built-in microphone so you can conference call from anywhere, and take or make calls without touching your phone. It weighs less than a pound and slides into a carrying case complete with a carabiner for easy transport. Heck, you can even have you’re tunes rolling while you’re hanging off a tall crag somewhere. Like we said, possibilities abound.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
At one time, if you wanted to listen to music at home, you needed a full stereo system, complete with large speakers and a CD or record player. But if you’re like many consumers, your music now resides on your smartphone, whether it’s songs you’ve purchased and downloaded or through a streaming service like Pandora or Spotify.
Sure, you can listen to your music through earbuds or the tiny little speaker built into your phone. But what if you’re having people over? Or what if you simply want to blast some tunes to keep you entertained while you tackle some big household project? For that, you’ll need a Bluetooth speaker. Simply connect it to your phone and press play.
Of course, one of the biggest benefits of Bluetooth speakers is that you can take them with you. Whether you’re planning a day at the beach or you just want some music while you’re hanging out with friends, the right speaker can have you up and running in minutes.
But chances are, you’re choosing a Bluetooth speaker based on a variety of factors. Your budget is important, but you also want to make sure you get the sound you want. If you’re taking it on that beach vacation, you’ll also want to make sure it can handle the occasional accidental splash of water. With so many options, the good news is that you can easily find a speaker that checks all of your boxes at a price that fits your budget.
As you’re shopping, though, consider exactly what you’ll be doing with your speaker. If you’ll be tossing it into your backpack or overnight bag, weight is an important factor. You may instead want to keep it in the shower or the edge of your bathtub, which makes water resistance important. When you factor in sound quality, the right choice will probably be clear.
The Buying Guide
- If you’re buying a speaker, great sound quality probably tops your must-have list. No matter what features a speaker has, in the end, it’s all about the listening experience. Sound quality can be subjective, but all of today’s top speakers excel when it comes to producing clean bass without being overwhelming. Look for a model that offers smooth bass lines and controls to let you customize your experience.
- One of the best things about today’s Bluetooth speakers is that you don’t have to leave them at home. But if you plan to take your speaker with you, weight is an important factor. Surprisingly, you’ll find a few models that come in at only 0.5 pounds. Some speakers weigh in at between 1.25 and 1.5 pounds. Other speakers are better suited for home use, with a weight of more than 12 pounds.
- As important as sound quality and portability are, though, you can’t get around the cost factor. Although some models may be more basic than others, they tend to be more light on your bank account.
- Portable speakers let you listen to your tunes in the shower or while lounging poolside. But you’ll need to make sure your speaker can withstand the occasional accidental splash. While none of the speakers are waterproof, some offer a certain amount of water resistance.
- If you’re leaving the house with your speaker, you’ll want a battery that can keep you going throughout the day. There are models that have a long playtime of up to 14 hours of battery life. They are followed closely by other speakers that promise up to 12 hours of battery power. Be aware that some speakers actually have to be plugged in for use.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide