Bear Naked Non-GMO Kosher Dairy Granola, Peanut Butter
Last updated date: July 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Granola and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Granola you should buy.
Update as July 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Granola for a detailed review of all the top granola.
Peanut butter lovers will enjoy this treat, which comes in a resealable bag. You'll get 36 grams of whole grains per serving and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. There are added sugars in this treat, but Bear Naked separates out the added sugars on the nutrition label, so you can check out exactly how many have been added--in this case, 3 teaspoons per serving.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Bear Naked Non-GMO Kosher Dairy Granola, Peanut Butter placed 9th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
When the bears got their hands on their first jar of peanut butter, it was sticky, to say the least. But after months of cleaning peanut butter smudges off the computers, we knew the bears were up to something. And they've really outdone themselves this time. This Bear Naked Peanut Butter soft-baked granola is made with whole grains oats, honey, creamy dark roasted peanut butter, whole peanuts, and sea salt. It's a peanut butter lover's dream – now if we could just get the peanut butter off the ceiling… We're just going to come out with it. Bears make the decisions around here. They pick out the ingredients, create new flavors, and taste-test every batch of granola we make. Nothing goes out the door before it gets their bear stamp of approval. Now you may be thinking, why? Employing wild, unpredictable animals seems like a terrible business plan. Sure, we admit sometimes things can get a little awkward, like when the company picnic is BYOB (bring your own bees). But the truth is, the bears keep us honest. Their instincts always point them to the highest quality foods found in the wild.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Granola
Granola is a protein-packed snack, ideal for giving you that much-needed energy boost during the day. Along with the protein, the heavy fiber content in granola makes you feel full longer, reducing the temptation to continue to snack between meals. It also contains ingredients like oats and flaxseed, which can help you keep your cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
But granola hasn’t been without criticism. Some granola bars and snacks are jam-packed with sugar and preservatives, negating some of the health benefits you’re getting from them. As consumers have become more aware of the importance of an organic diet, granola makers have looked for healthier ways to make these tasty treats.
If you’re on a special diet, you can probably find a granola that meets your nutritional needs. There are gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly options, as well as plenty of granolas that eliminate artificial ingredients. Using natural sweeteners, manufacturers can deliver the same dessert-like taste that you’d get from those loaded down with sugar. You can also find bars that are free of GMOs and made from plant-based ingredients.
Granola is available in a variety of formats. You may be familiar with granola bars, which are easy to slide into a tote bag or backpack for a quick snack while you’re on the go. But granola is more traditionally provided in nuggets. You can eat these as a snack or add your favorite type of milk for a delicious cereal.
It’s important to moderate your intake when you’re enjoying granola. Even if you’ve gone with a healthy option, it tends to be high in calories and can pack on the pounds quickly. It’s so filling, though, it shouldn’t take much to get the energy and hunger satiation you need to get you through to the next meal.
The Granola Buying Guide
- Granola not only can help keep you feel full between meals, but it’s also great for an energy boost. The protein-packed each serving is useful for seeing you through activities that take extreme endurance, like working out or taking a brisk hike through the mountains.
- The ingredient list can be your best guide when you’re looking for any healthy food. The best granola should have main ingredients like oats, nuts and seeds.
- Added sugar can be a problem with granola. In the future, manufacturers will be required to separate out added sugars on the nutrition label. You’ll see some manufacturers already doing that. Otherwise, you’ll have to look at the list of ingredients to see exactly the type of sugar you’re getting. Ingredients that can up the sugar content include chocolate chips, honey and fruit.
- Granola comes in a wide range of flavors, from cinnamon to fruit to peanut butter. If chocolate is thrown into the mix, check to ensure it’s made from unsweetened chocolate that doesn’t bump the sugar content up.
- If you’re on a vegan diet, the added proteins in granola can sometimes be a problem. Instead of one that contains whey or milk protein, look for one that uses a plant-based protein.
- Granola can come in a variety of formats, including bars. Some granola comes out lighter and crispier than what you’re used to in granola, so it may be worth trying out a smaller-size sample before committing to a bulk order of a new type of granola.
- Some granolas are manufactured in facilities with nuts, milk, eggs and other allergens. If you’re sensitive to these food types, read the label closely.
- You can make your own granola if you want to customize the taste. You’ll need oats, nuts and whatever seasonings and flavorings you want. This will allow you to ensure your granola is natural and healthy. Just put it in the oven on a baking sheet, stirring halfway through to make sure it cooks evenly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide