BBTKCARE Earmuffs Infant Hearing Protection
Last updated date: June 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Infant Ear Muffs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Infant Ear Muff you should buy.
For parents of infants, these infant earmuffs for noise are both lightweight and compact, so you can easily tuck them into a tote bag. The lack of bulk also means your infant can fit them easily inside even a narrow carrier or car seat. They have great noise-cancelling properties to keep your baby sleeping soundly even in noisy environments. In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the BBTKCARE BBTKCARE Earmuffs Infant Hearing Protection placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Infant Ear Muff (For Noise) for a detailed review of all the top infant ear muffs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
BBTKCARE Baby Noise Cancelling Headphones - Care for Your Baby's Hearing, Say NO to Ambient Noise! Constant exposure to noise will not only damage babies' hearing, but also their brain development. BBTKCARE hearing protection ear muff is your perfect solution - providing your little one with vital acoustic protection. Our mission is to keep your little ones' hearing safe. Baby Noise Canceling Earmuffs For Babies / Toddlers Age 3-24 Months Zero Pressure Adjustable Headband Durable Design / Long-lasting Stylish & Practical Lightweight & Potable Protect Your Newborn’s Sensitive Ears Our Ear Defenders protect your child's hearing while softening surrounding noise, allowing him or her to sleep without disturbances. So you can easily perform household chores like mowing the lawn or using your vacuum cleaner without waking up your sleeping angel! You also can safely enjoy fun concerts, sporting events and motor-sports while reducing chances of long-term damage from uncontrollable noise. Noise Canceling - Suitable for All Occasions Whether you are at a fireworks display, air show, monster jam truck, shooting range, playground, theme park, concert, movie theater, band practice, car races, rodeo, helping with household chores, outdoor projects or taking an airplane on vacation, Your whole family can safely enjoy yourselves and our Noise Cancelling Headphones keeps your baby’s eardrums safe during loud noises and helps them drift off and stay asleep even in the noisiest environment. Adjustable for Perfect Fit The adjustable pin and nicely padded headband allows flexible adjustments to fit children. Perfect for 3-24 months, grow with your child. Baby Noise Canceling Earmuffs Blue Baby Noise Canceling Earmuffs Pink Baby Noise Canceling Earmuffs Black Baby Noise Canceling Earmuffs Green Baby Noise Canceling Earmuffs Bluish Green Baby Noise Canceling Earmuffs Purple Adjustable Headband ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Material Type Plastic Plastic Plastic Plastic Plastic Plastic Color Blue Pink Black Green Bluish Green Purple Item Weight 180g 180g 180g 180g 180g 180g Product Dimensions 3.2 x 7 x 8.3 in 3.2 x 7 x 8.3 in 3.2 x 7 x 8.3 in 3.2 x 7 x 8.3 in 3.2 x 7 x 8.3 in 3.2 x 7 x 8.3 in
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Infant Ear Muffs
Infants have delicate eardrums that can easily be damaged by extremely loud noises. But you can’t isolate your little one in your home and never venture out into the world. Eventually, you’ll find yourself in a situation where you need to protect your baby’s ears.
Ear muffs are a great way to keep your children safe without isolating them from society. Many of the infant-designed models come with extra-soft earpads and adjustable sizing to ensure your little one stays comfortable. A lightweight build is also essential, and you’ll need to avoid bulky designs if your infant will be wearing them in confined spaces, such as car seats and carriers.
“These handy safety devices keep your infant from suffering ear damage, and give parents peace of mind,” says parenting expert Kate Desmond. “When purchasing a pair for your baby be sure to buy the correct size. To be effective you’ll want a snug fit around the ear. Look for ones that are adjustable so you can continue to use them as your child grows.”
The first thing to consider before shopping for a pair of infant ear muffs is where they’ll be used. If your baby will wear them to shut noise out while sleeping, a completely different set will be needed than if you’re buying them for an upcoming noisy event like a fireworks display or auto race. While a child can certainly wear one pair for everything, ear muffs that will be worn for sleep will need to be comfortable and fitted enough to stay on all night.
Another use for infant ear muffs is travel. This is especially true while on an airplane, where shutting out noise can be very useful in keeping a baby quietly napping. Even when you’re driving, noise-canceling ear muffs can be great for getting those naps in while still allowing the adults in the car to carry on a conversation without worry.
It’s important to leave the ear muffs on throughout the time you’re in a noisy environment. That means if you’re at a sporting event or concert, wait until you’re in the parking lot to take them off. Removing them while the noise is still happening will likely startle your baby and cause unnecessary stress.
Also, extend the life of your ear muffs by keeping them clean.
“Don’t forget to keep the ear muffs fresh by giving them a good wipe down after each use and store them in a dry place,” Desmond says.
DWYM Fun Fact
Adults may not realize just how sensitive a baby’s ears are. As they’re developing, the eardrums are very susceptible to noise, so what sounds loud to you is even louder to your youngest children. That’s because the ear canal in an infant and toddler is smaller than an adult’s ear canal, meaning that the sound pressure is higher. Any damage to the eardrum, no matter what the age, is permanent and accumulates with repeat exposure. If you’re thinking about taking your child to a summer festival where there will be crowd noise, music or fireworks, noise protection is essential. Even movie theaters can exceed the recommended 85 decibels, depending on the volume the theater manager chooses. Movies with loud explosions can reach as high as 104.9 decibels.
The Infant Ear Muff Buying Guide
- No matter how effective a pair of noise-protection ear muffs are, it won’t matter if your baby slides them off. If they’re uncomfortable, this could easily become a problem. Look for a pair that has foam cushions around the ear area to keep your infant comfortable throughout wear. Leather is also helpful in providing comfort and preventing irritation for those who aren’t allergic to it. Ideally, the ear muffs should also be lightweight so that they don’t weigh your baby down, especially if they’ll be worn for hours at a time.
- One of the toughest things about choosing ear muffs is fit. You’ll want them to be snug enough so that they don’t slide off, but if they’re too tight, they may squeeze in a way that hurts your baby after a while. Some ear muffs have an adjustable headband that helps you find that perfect fit. If this feature is included, make sure the headband will lock in place to maintain its shape throughout wear.
- Obviously, the size of ear muffs you buy will change depending on the age of your child. If you’re buying a set for your infant, look specifically for a pair sized specifically to fit that age group. There are some ear muffs that can age up from infancy to adolescence, but measure to ensure it will fit your infant’s smaller-size head.
- The circumference of your infant’s head isn’t the only concern when sizing a pair of ear muffs. The ear cup itself will need to fit snugly around the ear to form a tight seal and keep noise out.
- If noise reduction is your goal, the Noise Reduction Rating will be a big help. Look for the highest rating you can find if you’re preparing for excessively noisy environments like sporting events or races.
- Some ear muffs come in a variety of colors to let you customize your infant’s look, which may be especially important if you’re buying them for social outings.
- Some parents purchase ear muffs to help baby sleep in noisy environments. If they’re going to be worn overnight, make sure you look for a pair that’s snug enough so that they don’t slip off if your baby moves around.
- A lightweight, compact design isn’t only helpful in keeping the ear muffs comfortable for your infant. It can also make it easy for you to slide them into your tote bag or purse and have them with you in case you need them.
- If your baby has sensitive skin, pay close attention to the materials in the ear pads. Nylon and polyester can be rough on a baby’s skin. If your ear pads are covered with leather, make sure your infant isn’t allergic before you buy. Some pads are kept toxin-free, as well, since many parents are concerned about chemicals.