Barsetto Powerful Blade Electric Coffee & Spice Grinder
Last updated date: April 18, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Grinders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Grinder you should buy.
In our analysis of 104 expert reviews, the Barsetto Barsetto Electric Coffee & Spice Grinder placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Grinder for a detailed review of all the top grinders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Barsetto coffee grinder does a solid job of grinding consistently with its sturdy base and small profile. Whether you are new to the world of espresso or have mastered to make a perfect cup of coffee, fresh coffee grounds are always the first step.Simple to use, just place your coffee beans, dried nuts or herbs into the grinder, make sure to place the lid on securely, and press the button to grind.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Grinders
Having the right kitchen tools on hand is important if you want to keep your prep time to a minimum. Anyone who has a love for fresh coffee or a desire to create delicious meals and snacks from scratch will benefit from a grinder. Today, most grinders are electric and able to turn whole beans and nuts into a powder in just a few seconds.
Capacity is the first thing you’ll want to consider as you browse different grinders on the market. Small models are fine for individuals and couples; however, families would do better with a grinder that has a larger capacity. For example, the KRUPS Silent Vortex Electric Grinder is able to grind enough coffee beans to make 12 cups of java. It’s also capable of grinding spices and dried herbs to add flavor to your favorite dishes.
Next, review how the grinder operates. Does it have a button for pulsing or continuously grinding the ingredient into a powder? Perhaps it’s like the Mueller Austria HyperGrind Precision Grinder Mill, which requires pressing down on the top of the bowl. No matter which model you select, make sure you can grind the powder to your preferred texture, such as fine, medium or coarse.
Determine whether you can get away with a grinder that simply works on dried ingredients, or whether a model that can handle both dry and wet ingredients is best. The SHARDOR Coffee & Spice Electric Grinder features a grinder bowl with two blades for coffee beans and dried spices and a chopper bowl with four blades for garlic cloves and other wet ingredients.
Finally, you’ll want to go with a grinder that makes safety a priority. For example, the Secura Electric Coffee & Spice Grinder has built-in smart overheat protection and a safety-lock lid.
DWYM Fun Fact
Grinders have come a long way over the years. The Ethiopians, who were first to discover coffee beans, used a trusty mortar and pestle to grind their beans, while the Arabians ground their beans between two small millstones. Around 1350 B.C. the Greeks created a machine, known as a mill, to grind the beans down into a powder.
The first patent for a coffee grinder in the United States didn’t come until 1798 A.D. Inventor Thomas Bruff designed a grinder that mounted to the wall. Exactly one century later, the first electric grinder came on the market. It was produced by the Hobart Manufacturing Company. Today, there is a wide range of grinders on the market that turn everything from beans to nuts to dried spices into a powder that can be used in food and drink recipes alike.
The Grinder Buying Guide
- Check the height of the grinder. Some models are actually so tall that they don’t fit on counters that have upper cabinets.
- If you have small children at home, you’ll want to look for a grinder with a quiet motor. This way you can enjoy a fresh cup of coffee while your little one sleeps undisturbed.
- Keep in mind that if the grinder’s upper chamber and inner cup are not aligned exactly, ground coffee or herbs may end up in the motor.
- Check the grinder’s product care guide before you begin cleaning the unit. Most allow for placing the grinder bowls in the dishwasher. If you attempt to wash the grinder bowl by hand, be careful of the blades, which do not detach from the bowl. You don’t want to suffer an accidental cut during the cleaning process.
- Reviewers report that some grinders tend to overheat rather quickly, which means they will shut down and you will be stuck waiting for them to cool enough to turn back on.
- Most companies back their grinders by some sort of product guarantee or warranty. Look for a 30-days free return and replacement guarantee, 2-year manufacturer’s limited warranty or 100% money-back guarantee. Even if your warranty has expired, some companies continue to provide lifetime customer support, should you encounter any problems with your grinder down the road.
- The price for electric grinders varies based on design, construction materials and extra features. The Mueller Austria HyperGrind Precision Grinder Mill is one of the more affordable brands, although the KRUPS Silent Vortex Electric Grinder and the Secura Electric Coffee & Spice Grinder aren’t too far behind. You’ll pay more for the SHARDOR Coffee & Spice Electric Grinder, as it is able to grind both dry and wet ingredients.