Bare Home Hypoallergenic Duvet Insert
Last updated date: September 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Duvet Inserts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Duvet Insert you should buy.
Editor's Note October 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Duvet Inserts for a detailed review of all the top duvet inserts.
In our analysis, the Bare Home Bare Home Hypoallergenic Duvet Insert placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
EXTREMELY SOFT AND COZY: Our fluffy, ultra-soft down alternative comforter is everything you need for a dreamy night’s sleep. With a luxurious breathable siliconized fiber filling, it is truly all season. Enjoy feeling warm and snug on a chilly evening while still feeling just right the rest of the year. MASTERFUL CONSTRUCTION: Crafted with care, these comforters are fade resistant, wrinkle resistant and durable. Our comforters feature a solid box stitch to contain the fill and prevent shifting or bunching. Piped edges provide a clean and elegant look. The double brushed surface is delightful against bare skin. The easy-care microfiber is machine washable. Just pop it in on gentle cycle with cold water and air dry or tumble dry on low. This comforter is meant to last! GOOD FOR YOU & HYPOALLERGENIC: Made from 100% hypoallergenic microfiber. Microfiber material creates a barrier and protects against common allergens. Sleep tight knowing that your bedding guards against dust mites, mold and mildew. WHAT IS INSIDE: This comforter includes one King Ultra-Soft Down Alternative Comforter (104” by 90”). 30 DAY RISK FREE 100% GUARANTEE: We believe in our products so much we guarantee that you will love them! If you are not satisfied, simply contact us to return the item for a refund. Please see our return policy for details.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Duvet Inserts
A duvet insert is a great way to stay warm at night while still being able to easily clean your bedding in your washer. These inserts are designed to slide inside a cover, which can be removed and washed in the machine, just as you would blankets and sheets.
But duvet inserts can also be used on their own as comforters. If you have a washer that can handle bulky items, you can wash them in the machine and tumble dry, eliminating the issue with cleaning bulky comforters. If you opt for a duvet that you can use on its own, you’ll want to pay particular attention to the material covering the insert since it won’t always be as comfortable as the material used in a duvet cover or standalone comforter.
One benefit of using a duvet insert alone is that you won’t have to deal with stuffing it into a cover. That process can be awkward at best. But some duvet inserts come with loops that allow you to tie the cover to it, which makes inserting it much easier. Simply turn the cover inside out, tie it at the top corners, then begin folding it over the insert. To do this, though, you’ll need to make sure you choose a duvet cover with ties sewn in.
The Duvet Insert Buying Guide
- Down has long been among the most popular interior stuffing for bedding due to its combination of being lightweight while also insulating you from the cold. However, some consumers find they’re allergic to down, which has led to the popularity of alternative fills like polyfill.
- Look for a duvet insert that features box stitching for best results. Box stitching ensures the fill stays in place instead of bunching up in certain areas and creating a lumpy comforter for your bed.
- As nice as an extra-warm comforter can be when your bedroom is chilly, it can be stifling as your body heats up beneath it. Make sure you choose an insert that provides warmth but also stays breathable.
- Make sure you match the measurements of your duvet insert to the cover you’re placing over it. The cover should be slightly larger to fit comfortably over the insert without it bunching, but if there’s too much room, you could have gaps on the edges that don’t provide insulation.
- Duvet inserts typically come in all white, but you can find one in solid colors and patterns to complement your room décor.
- Make sure your duvet insert is labeled as machine washable before you put it in the washer. Follow the instructions carefully. You’ll want to make sure you wash it on a gentle cycle to avoid straining the seams.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide