BANZ Kids Headphones
Last updated date: June 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Infant Ear Muffs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Infant Ear Muff you should buy.
Update as June 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Infant Ear Muff (For Noise) for a detailed review of all the top infant ear muffs.
These infant earmuffs for noise are adjustable, making them wearable for infants as well as tweens and teenagers. The overall build will hold up under normal use, although plastic does require extra care. One of the best things about plastic, though, is that it's easy to clean.
In our analysis of 86 expert reviews, the BANZ Kids Headphones placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Say hello to the BEST hearing earmuffs and headphones for kids. INDUSTRY LEADING NOISE REDUCTION RATING – NRR 28dB. The perfect solution to providing hearing protection for kids ages 2 and up. The BANZ Earmuffs effectively attenuate harmful loud noises without shutting out other ambient sounds. BANZ kids earmuffs are easy to wear, with a low profile and no protruding parts that can catch on things. The wide, foam-filled cushions ensure that the set doesn't squeeze uncomfortably, and there is plenty of space for the ears inside the shells. BANZ headphones have a comfy leather-like cover over the headband to ensure all over comfort!! They are also extremely lightweight making them even more comfortable. The BANZ kids headphones feature a collapsible design for easy storage. Simply slide the ear cups up and down the sturdy wire framing to adjust. They easily fit in travel bags allowing them to be ready when you need them most. Protect sensitive little ears with BANZ hearing earmuffs! GUARANTEED HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTS AND SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK. Your purchase supports local small businesses in the USA. From the Manufacturer Banz earmuffs, ear protection for children 2 years and older, these funky earmuffs not only look great, but will also protect children's ears from potentially harmful noise. The Banz hearing protectors effectively attenuate harmful loud noises without shutting out other ambient sounds. The earmuffs are easy to wear, with a low profile and no protruding parts that can catch on things. The wide, foam-filled cushions ensure that the set doesn't squeeze uncomfortably, and there is plenty of space for the ears inside the shells. Banz earmuffs have a comfy leather cover over the headband to ensure all over comfort The weight is also important to comfort; each ear muff weighs just 190 grams. Earmuffs are perfect for sporting events, concerts, air shows, and lawn mowing or airplane trips.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Infant Ear Muffs
Infants have delicate eardrums that can easily be damaged by extremely loud noises. But you can’t isolate your little one in your home and never venture out into the world. Eventually, you’ll find yourself in a situation where you need to protect your baby’s ears.
Ear muffs are a great way to keep your children safe without isolating them from society. Many of the infant-designed models come with extra-soft earpads and adjustable sizing to ensure your little one stays comfortable. A lightweight build is also essential, and you’ll need to avoid bulky designs if your infant will be wearing them in confined spaces, such as car seats and carriers.
“These handy safety devices keep your infant from suffering ear damage, and give parents peace of mind,” says parenting expert Kate Desmond. “When purchasing a pair for your baby be sure to buy the correct size. To be effective you’ll want a snug fit around the ear. Look for ones that are adjustable so you can continue to use them as your child grows.”
The first thing to consider before shopping for a pair of infant ear muffs is where they’ll be used. If your baby will wear them to shut noise out while sleeping, a completely different set will be needed than if you’re buying them for an upcoming noisy event like a fireworks display or auto race. While a child can certainly wear one pair for everything, ear muffs that will be worn for sleep will need to be comfortable and fitted enough to stay on all night.
Another use for infant ear muffs is travel. This is especially true while on an airplane, where shutting out noise can be very useful in keeping a baby quietly napping. Even when you’re driving, noise-canceling ear muffs can be great for getting those naps in while still allowing the adults in the car to carry on a conversation without worry.
It’s important to leave the ear muffs on throughout the time you’re in a noisy environment. That means if you’re at a sporting event or concert, wait until you’re in the parking lot to take them off. Removing them while the noise is still happening will likely startle your baby and cause unnecessary stress.
Also, extend the life of your ear muffs by keeping them clean.
“Don’t forget to keep the ear muffs fresh by giving them a good wipe down after each use and store them in a dry place,” Desmond says.
The Infant Ear Muff Buying Guide
- No matter how effective a pair of noise-protection ear muffs are, it won’t matter if your baby slides them off. If they’re uncomfortable, this could easily become a problem. Look for a pair that has foam cushions around the ear area to keep your infant comfortable throughout wear. Leather is also helpful in providing comfort and preventing irritation for those who aren’t allergic to it. Ideally, the ear muffs should also be lightweight so that they don’t weigh your baby down, especially if they’ll be worn for hours at a time.
- One of the toughest things about choosing ear muffs is fit. You’ll want them to be snug enough so that they don’t slide off, but if they’re too tight, they may squeeze in a way that hurts your baby after a while. Some ear muffs have an adjustable headband that helps you find that perfect fit. If this feature is included, make sure the headband will lock in place to maintain its shape throughout wear.
- Obviously, the size of ear muffs you buy will change depending on the age of your child. If you’re buying a set for your infant, look specifically for a pair sized specifically to fit that age group. There are some ear muffs that can age up from infancy to adolescence, but measure to ensure it will fit your infant’s smaller-size head.
- The circumference of your infant’s head isn’t the only concern when sizing a pair of ear muffs. The ear cup itself will need to fit snugly around the ear to form a tight seal and keep noise out.
- If noise reduction is your goal, the Noise Reduction Rating will be a big help. Look for the highest rating you can find if you’re preparing for excessively noisy environments like sporting events or races.
- Some ear muffs come in a variety of colors to let you customize your infant’s look, which may be especially important if you’re buying them for social outings.
- Some parents purchase ear muffs to help baby sleep in noisy environments. If they’re going to be worn overnight, make sure you look for a pair that’s snug enough so that they don’t slip off if your baby moves around.
- A lightweight, compact design isn’t only helpful in keeping the ear muffs comfortable for your infant. It can also make it easy for you to slide them into your tote bag or purse and have them with you in case you need them.
- If your baby has sensitive skin, pay close attention to the materials in the ear pads. Nylon and polyester can be rough on a baby’s skin. If your ear pads are covered with leather, make sure your infant isn’t allergic before you buy. Some pads are kept toxin-free, as well, since many parents are concerned about chemicals.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide