Banord Commercial Grade Dimmable Outdoor String Lights, 2-Pack, 48-Feet
Last updated date: November 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor String Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor String Light you should buy.
Editor's Note November 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Outdoor String Lights for a detailed review of all the top outdoor string lights.
In our analysis of 68 expert reviews, the Banord Banord Commercial Grade Dimmable Outdoor String Lights, 2-Pack, 48-Feet placed 15th when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The outdoor LED lighting strand is heavy duty and weather proof to protect your outdoor lights from damage caused by extreme temperatures and weather conditions. You can get creative to make your own indoor space warm and cozy with these beautiful string lights. Perfect for Backyards, Gazebos, Gardens, Pergolas, Decks, City Rooftops, Weddings, BBQ, Dinner Parties, Birthday Parties, Gatherings, etc.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Outdoor String Lights
If you’re looking to spruce up an outdoor living space, perhaps the back patio where you might be grilling up some dinner during the summer months, then you might be the perfect candidate for a new set of outdoor string lights. Adding a cafe-like ambiance to an outdoor setting, string lights will generally give off a soft glow that is comforting while not being overly bright.
Outdoor string lights will see all kinds of weather, including various types of moisture and occasional high winds. A good set of string lights will be designed with this in mind as they will be waterproof and shatterproof so you don’t have to worry about taking them down any time you see inclement weather on the horizon. Be sure to have a proper outlet to plug them into as well so you don’t run any risks in case water does find its way into the wiring of the outdoor string lights.
String lights come in varying lengths to accommodate your needs, whether big or small. If you intend to zig-zag them back and forth from a pergola or something of similar height, be sure to measure out exactly how much linear footage of string lights you’ll need. If you’re lucky, you can find a set that’s the right length to meet your needs and you won’t need to deal with multiple plugs. If you do, however, string multiple lights together to reach your desired length, most outdoor string lights can plug into the end of the previous one, similar to how Christmas lights are designed, and there is usually a fuse built-in at this socket for your protection.
The color, or warmth, of your string lights, is the last big consideration to make. In a dark outdoor area where you just want soft and warm light to glow subtly, opt for lower numbers on the color scale. This refers to the color of the bulb in Degrees Kalvin and the higher numbers of 4,000 degrees and above are the whiter lights you might see in a grocery store or the hallways of an office building. Warmer colors are in the 2,000 to 3,000 degree range and they will have a much more yellow look to them which will look warmer and more inviting in an intimate setting.
The Outdoor String Light Buying Guide
- You might require a little bit of hardware or some simple hand tools to install your string lights. If you need to use a ladder to reach the mounting locations, it is a good idea to have someone help you as they can help keep the ladder stable.
- A dimmer switch is a great addition to most outdoor string lights. Giving you the option to brighten or dim the lights as needed.
- Some outdoor string light packages come with additional bulbs in case you do end up breaking any. This can add a good value to the purchase as you will already be prepared in case you need the replacement.
- Don’t overdo it with your new string lights. You want just enough to light your outdoor areas without making your guests duck and weave around a barrage of hanging string lights.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide