Bamix Pro-1 Hand Blender
Last updated date: October 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hand Blenders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hand Blender you should buy.
Update as October 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hand Blender for a detailed review of all the top hand blenders.
These hand blenders are handbuilt in Switzerland and are equipped with three stainless steel blades — one for aerating, one for blending and one for chopping. It also has a 150-watt motor and offers two speeds, low and high.
In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the Bamix Pro-1 Hand Blender placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
This Professional Series Bamix model is handbuilt in Switzerland to last. Each unit is tested many times during production to ensure precise performance. With 2 speeds and 3 stainless steel blades that are easy to change, this hand blender is versatile enough to do countless kitchen tasks. The aerating blade is set at a slight angle for optimum performance to whip or beat liquids, even turning skim milk into a whipped topping. The blending blade mixes, purees and emulsifies thick or creamy mixtures so you can make homemade mayonnaise in seconds. The chopping blade dices raw and cooked fruits and vegetables; makes fruit ice creams, sorbets and smoothies; crushes ice and purees soups and sauces right in the pan on the stove. Optional grinder, powder disk and food processor attachments are available. The precision balanced AC motor reduces vibration to ensure quiet operation and give optimum power at all times. This also makes the 150 watt Bamix extremely energy efficient with unsurpassed power while using less energy. This model is NSF commercial certified. The body housing made of PA6 safety rated nylon is odor resistant, grease repellent and is sealed keeping the motor free from exposure to moisture so the 5 3/8 inch shaft can be totally immersed even in boiling liquids. The shaft is made of chromated brass which makes it strong, durable and heat resistant. The open mixing head design creates rotating currents to draw food in and down to the blades for more thorough processing. This lets you mix faster and more efficiently. You can use the bamix in pans, pots, high containers, tall glasses and beakers. Easy to clean up by rinsing under running water.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hand Blenders
As smoothies and juicing have become more popular, consumers are increasingly looking for an easy way to blend items. Pulling out a big blender every day can become so much work, you may even give up on your plan to juice. Cleanup makes it even more of a chore since many blenders have to be disassembled each time you use them, with some parts requiring handwashing.
A hand blender can be a great way to blend items quickly that also allows for simpler cleanup than a traditional blender. With a hand mixer, you can quickly blend, puree and froth everything from pancake batter to milkshakes. Depending on the version you choose, you can either mix your items in your own bowl or cup or blend using a special cup provided as an accessory.
One of the best things about this type of blender is that it’s easy to store when not in use. Unlike a full blender, you won’t have to set aside a large amount of space for storage. However, some blenders come with accessories, which means you’ll need to be able to keep everything in one place so it will be together when you need it all.
Spattering is an ongoing issue with mixers of all types. Some hand mixers are built to contain ingredients to the mixing bowl or cup where they’re being blended. Look for one with blades specially designed to keep spatter to a minimum.
You probably also want to mix a variety of ingredients using the mixer you choose. Although many mixers come with a standard spatter-resistant blade, others require additional attachments that either come in the packaging or must be purchased separately. Add-ons, like whisks and potato mashers, can extend the use of your mixer, making it even more valuable. Some mixers also include a container that you can use for mixing instead of a bowl or cup from your own stash for mixing items.
The Hand Blender Buying Guide
- The more you can change up the speed you’re using, the more control you’ll have over the finished product. Some blenders build in 15 variable settings.
- Once your blending is done, cleanup time begins. Look for a model that is dishwasher-safe.
- The handle is your main point of contact when you’re using a hand mixer, so comfort is important. A rubberized handle makes mixing easy, but those with smaller hands may find a large handle too hard to hold. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender has an ergonomically-designed handle to keep things as comfortable as possible. With that mixer, though, you may find the buttons take extreme pressure, which can quickly become uncomfortable. The power buttons also seem to be placed pretty high, so you may find you can’t reach them as comfortably as with other mixers.
- One issue with any mixer is spattering. The last thing you want is cake batter all over your kitchen, so it’s important to find a blender that will keep things contained. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender resists spattering to keep cleanup to a minimum.
- When you’re finished mixing, you’ll want to be able to easily detach the arm for cleaning.
- The motor itself is important, making a difference in the time it will take you to get results. Some models pack in 280 watts, while others only reach 200 watts.
- The design of your blender can make a big difference in its versatility. Light models can take on your favorite mixed beverage, but you also have to have the weight necessary to tackle thicker items like milkshakes and soups.
- Stainless steel blades ensure not only great blending power but durability as well. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender feature stainless steel blades.
- Attachments can be a differentiator too. Some models let you choose your attachments, though each attachment may cost extra.
- Some mixers come with a mixing cup, which can come in handy. There are blenders that have a 42-ounce jug and a three-cup chopping bowl for mincing herbs, nuts and cheeses. The Braun Multiquick Hand Blender’s mixing cup is not even half the capacity of some other models. You’ll get both a whisk and a mixing blade with the Braun blender.
- Price is also a consideration when choosing a hand mixer. No matter what your needs are, you’re sure to find a hand blender that fits your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide