BALI OUTDOORS Wood Burning Fire Pit & Cooking Grill
Last updated date: April 30, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fire Pits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fire Pit you should buy.
The BALI OUTDOORS Wood Burning Fire Pit has a platform on top designed for cooking items like steak and chicken. Even if you don't use the grill function, though, this fire pit has plenty of other useful features, including a poker and log rack for extra convenience. The four-legged design of this grill gives it extra stability while you're using it. In our analysis of 48 expert reviews, the BALI OUTDOORS BALI OUTDOORS Wood Burning Fire Pit placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Fire Pit for a detailed review of all the top fire pits.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
PERFECT DIMENSION】- The wood burning fire pit enjoys a large 24 inch inner bowl diameter and features a 18.7 inch heavy-duty attached fire pit cooking grate.【DURABLE & STURDY CONSTRACTION】- The steel construction makes this wood burning fire pit ultra-durable & long-lasting. It features a circular steel ring fixed on the four legs, making this fire pit more stable.【MULTI-FUNCTIONAL DESIGN】- Our wood burning fire pit is made for dual-purpose use, it is a good choice for outdoor heating and grilling. The unique design includes a cooking grate for convenient grilling.【REMOVEABLE & ADJUSTABLE COOKING GRATE】- The grill of this wood burning fire pit swivels 360 degrees, adjusts up and down, make swing it left or right possible so you can cook your food easily. You can also take it apart.【BEAUTIFUL AND PRACTICAL】- This wood burning fire pit is perfectly suitable for patio, backyard and garden of most family, alternative all season warmth
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fire Pits
Cold weather doesn’t have to get in the way of enjoying the great outdoors. For centuries, fire has provided warmth on chilly nights. But fire pits aren’t just good for keeping you warm. There are many benefits to gathering around a fire, whether you’re sharing stories or roasting s’mores.
But when buying a fire pit, there are a few things to consider. One is whether you actually want to cook on it. Unlike old-fashioned fire pits, a metal one won’t handle drippings well. You may find yourself scraping marshmallow residue off the bowl after it’s cooled, in other words. Keep that in mind before you start cooking.
Traditional campfire treats aren’t the only thing you can make on a fire pit. Choose one with the right build and you can buy a grate that lets you cook items like steaks, chicken breasts and even potatoes and fresh corn. Some grills even come with the cooking grate and instructions on getting started.
The design of the fire pit itself is important to consider when you’re choosing between various models. You’ll want to make sure the bowl is deep enough for the amount of firewood you’ll be using. It can also help to have a poker for stoking the flames throughout the evening. If you have to purchase this separately, you can fairly easily, but you should consider that while you’re comparing prices.
If your fire pit stays in an uncovered area of your yard, consider the weather conditions it will be forced to withstand. A cover can help keep your fire pit dry and reduce the risk of rusting. Also, look to make sure your fire pit has drainage holes. If not, you’ll need to remember to remove the water every time it rains. If your fire pit comes with a cover, make sure it’s thick and durable enough to protect your fire pit.
DWYM Fun Fact
Modern fire pits are built using the same concepts humans discovered hundreds of years ago. Archaeological evidence dating back to the Paleolithic era tells us that our predecessors dug fire pits in the ground to keep fires from spreading. Those early fire pits were built using stones, with fires used for everything from cooking to staying warm. Over time, ash and fire in the same pit would gradually begin to create the beginnings of what we see today as a fireplace. In the centuries that have followed, experts have found fire pit remains very useful in learning more about early humans.
The Fire Pit Buying Guide
- Occasionally, take the time to clean your fire pit. First, remove all ash and debris, then scrub the bowl with a ratio of 1:9 muriatic and water. Rinse the bowl with water and let it rest for at least 48 hours.
- Even with safety features, fire pits can be dangerous. When a fire is burning, make sure kids are supervised at all times.
- Fire pits typically sit close to the ground for a reason. A lower profile with shorter legs promotes sturdiness. You definitely don’t want your fire pit tipping over while it’s in use.
- If you plan to cook on your fire pit, make sure it comes with a grate to facilitate it. If not, check for a compatible grate you can purchase separately.
- With a fire pit purchase, at least a little assembly is necessary. You should be able to put it together fairly quickly, though. Check assembly instructions before making a purchase.
- As beautiful as some fire pits are, they don’t provide 360-degree visibility of the fire. If you want everyone seated around it to have a great view, look for one that allows you to see the fire from all sides.
- If you think you might ever move your fire pit, pay close attention to the weight. Some can be fairly heavy, meaning once you’ve set your fire pit down, you’ll want to leave it there.
- A very portable fire pit can come in handy. Not only is it easier to take it with you when visiting friends or traveling, but it’s also more compact, opening up storage possibilities.
- Smoke can be an issue with fire pits. If you go for one that promises a high heat output, make sure that it doesn’t come with extra smoke.
- Starting a fire and keeping it going can be a challenge with some fire pits. Check into whether the fire pit you’ve chosen will make starting the fire easy.