BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbell Set
Last updated date: October 22, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dumbbell Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dumbbell Set you should buy.
Update as January 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Dumbbell Set To Power Your Home Gym for a detailed review of all the top dumbbell sets.
Since this cast iron dumbbell set is coated with neoprene, it can be used for both indoor and outdoor workouts. The neoprene coating also provides a firm grip to reduce the chances of the weights slipping out of your hands. The weights come with a stand that is easy to assemble.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbell Set placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Training with dumbbells allows you to select resistance training exercises based on their similarity to actual movements that occurs during sports. Dumbbells require more balance than training with barbells or machines, and balance is crucial for optimal performance. Dumbbells also require more muscular control than barbells, thus enhancing kinesthetic awareness. The best part of training with dumbbells is it allows the athlete to train through a greater range of motion than barbells on some exercises. Understand that it is sometimes more valuable to trade heavy weights (Barbells) for more sport-specific movements. Styles: 20-pound dumbbell set with stand: 3 pairs of dumbbells in 2-pound, 3-pound, and 5-pound sizes; 32-pound dumbbell set wth stand: 3 pairs of dumbbells in 3-pound, 5-pound, and 8-pound sizes; Vinyl coated dumbbells (Pair): From 1-pound to 20-pound colored vinyl coated hexagon dumbbells in pair; AT A GLANCE: Wide selection of dumbbells; Hexagon shape for easy storage; Sets come with dumbbells and stands; Vinyl dumbbells come at a pair; 2-year warranty.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dumbbell Sets
The American Council of Exercise lists several benefits to using dumbbells in your workout routine. Dumbbells can increase a person’s flexibility, improve their cardiovascular health and increase muscle mass. The best part is that you don’t have to buy a gym membership to use these weights. A dumbbell set is a great addition to any home gym or workout space, as it won’t take up too much space.
When searching for the best dumbbell set, review the construction materials to make sure the set will hold up under regular use. The CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set & Rack are made from sturdy steel and coated with a sleek black powder finish. Iron is used to make the heads and cold-rolled steel to form the handles.
If you’re interested in using the weights indoors and outdoors, you’ll want to go with a set like the METIS Neoprene Hex Dumbbell Set. It has a neoprene coating that protects the metal underneath from the elements. The neoprene also offers a solid grip to prevent the dumbbells from slipping out of your hands during activity.
Consider the available weight range next. Some sets include five pairs of weights that range from 5 pounds to 25 pounds, while other sets only include one pair per set. These sets allow users to choose between dumbbells as low as 1 pound and pairs as high as 22 pounds. A set with a wide weight range is ideal for families that aren’t all using the same size dumbbells.
Check to see if the dumbbell set has any extra features that increase its functionality. For example, the BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbell Set comes with a weight stand to hold all of your weights when not in use. There’s also the CAP Barbell Hex Rubber Dumbbell Set, which is constructed in a hexagonal shape, which allows it to rest firmly on the floor without rolling away.
The Dumbbell Set Buying Guide
- Before you begin incorporating dumbbells into your workout routine, it’s a good idea to check in with your doctor. This is especially important if you have certain health conditions, as you don’t want to aggravate or make your situation worse.
- Beginners may wish to schedule a session or two with a personal trainer to ensure they understand how to correctly use the dumbbells. There’s a right way and a wrong way to lift the weights. You’ll also want to learn what size weights to start with and when it’s safe to move up to the next size.
- If more than one person in your home uses the dumbbell set, it’s a good idea to purchase a container of sanitizing wipes and wipe down the dumbbells after each use.
- Cleaning the dumbbells once a week or once a month depending on how frequently you use them is important. Iron and steel weights can be cleaned with a little dish soap and water. You’ll want to use a product like WD-40 to clean chrome weights. Always dry these weights immediately after cleaning using a lint-free towel. If your weights are made from rubber, you’ll want to clean them in a well-ventilated room using Murphy’s oil soap and water. If the rubber continues to have an odor once dried, set it out in the sun for a few hours.
- The price for a dumbbell set is dependent upon how many dumbbells are in the set, the weight of the dumbbells, the construction materials and whether or not a stand is included with the purchase. The BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbell Set is the most affordable set. Workout enthusiasts will pay a moderate price for CAP Barbell Hex Rubber Dumbbell Set and METIS Neoprene Hex Dumbbell Set. The CAP Barbell 150-Pound Dumbbell Set & Rack comes in with the highest price tag.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide