Baden Official Size & Weight Bocce Ball Set
Last updated date: September 2, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bocce Ball Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bocce Ball Set you should buy.
Update as September 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Bocce Ball Set for a detailed review of all the top bocce ball sets.
This bocce ball set has been upgraded based on customer feedback. It now meets the Bocce Standards Association's official size and weight, which means you can use it in both beginner and professional settings. With the set, you'll get four red balls, four green balls, a pallino ball, a 5-foot measuring tape and a carrying case.
In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the Baden Official Size & Weight Bocce Ball Set placed 5th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Take the family on a trip to Naples without leaving your backyard with the Baden Champions bocce ball set. This regulation size 107mm and weight 2lbs per ball bocce set has been constructed with the true backyard games connoisseur in mind. The age-old outdoor game of bocce ball has traditionally been played on natural soil or crushed stone courts but can be played on a variety of different terrains including grassy lawn surfaces. Baden’s bocce sets are constructed with a premium poly-resin from surface through the core, unlike most competitors using a concrete core with filler. Baden’s bocce set also comes with multiple scoring patterns on the balls (circle vs stripes) allowing for up to (2-8) players per round. Included with your set is a durable carrying bag for easy storage and transportation. The have determined that 107mm (4.2 inches) and weight 920g (2lbs.) per ball as the international standard set which Baden’s adheres to
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bocce Ball Sets
The game of bocce ball is played frequently in Italy and has been steadily gaining popularity in the United States. If you’d like to give the game a try, you’ll want to purchase a bocce ball set that has everything you need to get started.
Review the contents of the set first, so you know you’re buying a set that includes everything you need to successfully play the game. For example, the Play Platoon Pallino Bocce Ball Set comes with eight bocce balls in four different colors, a pallino ball, a measuring rope and a storage case that also doubles as a carrying bag. It is important to note that not all bocce ball sets come with a measuring tape. If you have one in your home already, this won’t be an issue.
Check that the bocce balls are made from high-quality materials, otherwise, you’ll find yourself needing to replace them often. Some sets are made with a premium poly-resin compound material that is crack and damage resistant. They are also less prone to scratching.
Individuals who enjoy spending time outdoors in all types of weather will need a bocce ball set that is weatherproof. For example, the Franklin Sports All Weather Bocce Ball Set provides all-weather reliability, which means you can enjoy a game in the summer, fall, winter and spring. You can play when the sun is shining and when the rain is coming down. You can play on grass, pavement or sand.
If you plan on arranging tournaments or playing bocce professionally, you’ll need to get a set that meets the Bocce Standards Association’s official size of 14.2 inches and official weight of 2 pounds. Beginner sets may not meet these requirements.
The Bocce Ball Set Buying Guide
- Pay attention to the size and weight of the bocce balls. Some are not suitable for professional play, which is fine if you only intend on using the set in your backyard.
- If you find the included carrying case is not sturdy enough to support the weight of the bocce balls, you can set a similar sized cardboard box inside the bag to provide additional support. This is a quick solution that keeps you from having to spend more money on a better bag.
- Before returning your bocce balls to their storage bag, you’ll want to wipe them down with a lint-free cloth. Since they are played in the yard, they can get a bit dirty during the game. Every so often, you’ll also want to use a bocce polish on the balls. This specially designed polish is non-abrasive, so it won’t damage the surface of the balls. It’s also great for restoring the shine to your balls, while also providing them with a nice grip.
- Bocce ball must be played on a level surface. You may have to take the time to rake the sand on the beach or flatten certain areas of your backyard before you play.
- You’ll find bocce ball sets come in a wide price range, but you should have no problem finding one that fits your budget. The Franklin Sports All Weather Bocce Ball Set is extremely affordable for all, while the Play Platoon Pallino Bocce Ball Set comes in at a slightly higher price point. If you have the extra cash, you may wish to go with an official size and weight bocce ball set.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide