Babebay 3D Memory Foam Head Shaping Infant Pillow
Last updated date: August 10, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Infant Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Infant Pillow you should buy.
Update as August 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Infant Pillow for a detailed review of all the top infant pillows.
In our analysis of 38 expert reviews, the Babebay 3D Memory Foam Head Shaping Infant Pillow placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pediatric recommend that newborn babies sleep in a 3d curved pillow to help shape a good head shape and improve the flat head.Babebay baby pillows are fully scientifically designed and are good friends for your baby's sleep.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Infant Pillows
Parenting a newborn is stressful. Not only are you losing a lot of sleep, you often encounter elements you didn’t know were possible. Plagiocephaly or brachycephaly, also known colloquially as flat head syndrome, is a common occurrence in newborns who sleep on their backs. When they are young, they are unable to turn over, and so the back of their head begins to flatten out since their skull is still soft at that age. While it can seem scary, know that there are some simple solutions you can try at home to reduce the amount of flatness.
An infant pillow is designed to reduce the flat head syndrome in babies. This is a kind of small, firm pillow with an opening or dip in the center. The baby’s head goes right in the middle so part of it is in the opening. The sides of the pillow apply minimal pressure and help to slowly shape the baby’s head over time by keeping it off the bed, reducing the appearance of a flat head.
Safety is of the utmost importance when it comes to infant products, so it’s vital to always read the instructions on sleep products carefully and use your best judgment. Many infant pillows are not recommended for babies who are under one year old. If you need to use an infant pillow on a baby who is younger than that, then keep in mind that you will need to monitor them at all times. As a result, many parents only use infant pillows at nap time during the day while they are awake and can stay with their baby while they sleep. If you’re also sleeping while baby is sleep, it’s best not to use the infant pillow at that time.
The Infant Pillow Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for an infant pillow for your baby, always keep safety as your top priority. Do not use a pillow that’s designed for toddlers, as that may be too soft for an infant. They will need a firm pillow that is small in size, and that has an opening in the center or a small dip. This donut shape is important for helping to reduce flat head syndrome and also keeps the baby’s head in place to reduce the risk of suffocation.
- Infants have sensitive skin, so opt for an infant pillow that has an organic cotton cover. This way you can reduce any irritation or allergies. The pillow is usually filled with memory foam or similar material that is firm but comfortable. Be sure not to get a pillow that is too soft and fluffy as that can increase the risk of suffocation in infants.
- If you want to extend the use of the infant pillow, look for one that can be used outside of the crib as well. For example, some infant pillows can also fit well on a bouncy chair or infant swing as well. This way, you can work on reducing flat head syndrome even while baby is awake. Check the shape and size to see if the infant pillow will work elsewhere on baby’s things.
- Babies often drool and spit up, so getting an infant pillow that has a washable cover is a key. This way you don’t need to worry about spot cleaning the pillow every time there is a mess. Having an extra cover is handy because you can use it while the other one is in the wash.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide