Ayoba Biltong 4-Ounce Grass Fed Air-Dried Beef Jerky Cuts
Last updated date: October 28, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beef Jerkies and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beef Jerky you should buy.
Update as February 16, 2021:
Checkout The Best Beef Jerky for a detailed review of all the top beef jerkies.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the Ayoba Biltong 4-Ounce Grass Fed Air-Dried Beef Jerky Cuts placed 11th when we looked at the top 20 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A FRESH APPROACH TO JERKY! Unlike beef jerkey that is cooked at a low temperature and loaded with sugar and artificial flavors, our biltong is hand dried for fourteen days leaving it naturally tender, like a perfectly aged steak, and easy to chew. MORE PROTEIN! If you've been looking for a natural alternative to protein shakes and other muscle fuel, there is no better substitute than our biltong. Our drying process leads to more protein per ounce than other meat snacks. SUGAR FREE! Because our unique family recipe is sugar free, you can make it part of a healthy diet. This means no sugar rushes or mood swings, and a thinner belly. KETO & PALEO! With no artificial ingredients and no nitrates, these Beef Snacks are perfect for the Keto, Paleo and the Whole 30 Diet. Not only are they super tasty, they are good for you too! NATURAL BEEF FLAVOR! The problem with other meat snacks is that the flavor is overpowered by barbecue, teriyaki, or soy sauce. Our biltong allows you to enjoy your favorite cut of steak 24/7 in the convenience of a to-go-package.
Expert Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beef Jerkies
If you’re looking for a high-protein snack that’s savory, salty and brings just the right amount of chewiness, you’ll want to try beef jerky. Beef jerky is typically made from the leaner cuts of beef that tend to be a bit tough. The meat is cooked for a long time at a low heat. Beef sticks, which resemble skinny sausages, are higher in fat than beef jerky. Most beef snacks are fairly high in sodium, and some contain a preservative like nitrites.
Beef jerky and beef jerky sticks are a convenient snack for on the go. Many brands come individually packaged, so each piece of jerky is wrapped for freshness. This makes them perfect for taking to school or the office for lunch. You can also take these individually wrapped snacks when you’re going for a hike or going camping, as they are great for giving you a boost of energy and keeping you full thanks to the high amount of protein.
The Beef Jerky Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for the best beef snack for you, take taste and texture as two of the most important elements to consider. Many beef jerky sticks are on the spicier side, made with different kinds of peppers. Others have a distinct smoky flavor and smell. Some have a sweeter taste, with hints of brown sugar and garlic. You can even find beef jerkies that have complex fruit flavors. Consider what kinds of flavors you like best.
- Chewiness is a distinct characteristic of beef jerky. While they may seem tough to bite into because of the casing, they soften up as you chew them. Consider whether you prefer a softer or more textured feel. Different brands have different amounts of chewiness. The type of outer casing also affects how chewy the beef jerky sticks are.
- If you’re on a high-protein diet, some beef jerky types might work within your restrictions. Depending on the brand and specific nutritional information, beef sticks can work within the keto, Whole30, Paleo and gluten-free diets. Many products are also non-GMO.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide