Avolusion Ultra-Slim Xbox One External Hard Drive, 500-GB
Last updated date: May 20, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Xbox One External Hard Drive for a detailed review of all the top .
Installation is a breeze with this Xbox One external hard drive. You'll be able to use it immediately after plugging it in. The unit offers a digital storage capacity of 500 gigabytes and is nice and slim, so as not to take up too much space.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Avolusion Ultra-Slim Xbox One External Hard Drive, 500-GB placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Avolusion Portable Storage System (HD250U3-Z1) 500GB Ultra Slim 2.5″ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Portable External Gaming Hard Drive (Black) is designed to attract the eyes of user at a glance with durable chassis external hard drive. The Avolusion HD250U3-Z1 500GB Hard Drive endeavors top quality design in durable case, with slim trimming, which make the Avolusion HD250U3-Z1 500GB 2.5″ USB 3.0 External Gaming Hard Drive a fine piece of storage device on your palm.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Even though the latest Xbox and PlayStation systems have up-to-date hardware and software, gamers can still run out of storage space. The Xbox Series X has 16GB of memory and 1TB of internal storage, which may not be enough for some of the most popular gaming titles out there. Additional storage is sold separately, hence the popularity of external hard drives.
Why the need for all the extra room? Today’s massive, highly complex games require more space, and their installation sizes can even be shocking at times. Sometimes, developers compress these sizes, but some of the best games are like hungry beasts that gobble up space. Experts recommend external hard drives to store these games, especially since computers and gaming systems won’t run as fast without enough space.
When shopping for external hard drives for computers or console games, look for ones with USB-C or Thunderbolt connectors, as USB Type-A connectors are slower. Some are compatible with Windows and Mac, while others will need modifications for Mac. Most external hard drives have storage capacities from 250GB to 5TB (1 terabyte, orTB, equals 1,000 gigabytes).
The Buying Guide
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 can support external hard drives through USB 3.0 connectors; a 3.0 USB is good for gaming needs.
- Many gaming external hard drives come with carrying cases, which are great for traveling. Look for ones that are easy to carry. Some are made from military-grade, shockproof or waterproof materials to keep the hard drives safe and protected.
- External hard drives can really improve one’s gaming performance by increasing game speeds.
- Some of the games that require the most storage include Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Quantum Break, Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Hitman 2.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide