AVERY 17838 500-Sheet Capacity Binder, 2-Inch
Last updated date: June 16, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Binders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Binder you should buy.
Update as June 16, 2022:
Checkout The Best Binder for a detailed review of all the top binders.
This classic binder features durable hinges made to last. The pliable edges resist tearing and splitting. A slant-ring design accommodates up to 500 pages of paper without undue strain. A smooth film finish and linen pattern add texture.
In our analysis, the AVERY AVERY 500-Sheet Capacity Binder, 2-Inch placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Binder features a DuraHinge design that’s stronger lasts longer and resists tearing and DuraEdge that makes the sides and top more pliable to resist splitting. Deep texture film offers a smoother finish and features a linen pattern for high quality look and feel. Slant rings hold up to 500 sheets.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Binders
Binders can be indispensable organization and storage tools for academic, office or business use. These practical items have been around for over 150 years, and their design has not varied much over the years.
Binders differ by ring style and number, width, number and type of pockets and color, as well as some smaller details. For example, some have a hole in the spine to make it easier to remove them from crowded shelves. The most common design features three round, evenly-spaced rings — but especially for larger binders, a D-shaped or slanted D-shaped ring design is common as well. This design makes it easier to turn to specific pages when the binder contains a large number of documents.
When selecting a binder, consider the materials, as well as what size and ring design is appropriate. Binders come in sizes ranging from half an inch thick to four inches and are commonly made of plastic. Some of these plastics may be plant-based or otherwise eco-friendly, which gives options to the environmentally conscious. Most binders also contain a chipboard inside the vinyl or plastic covers, though some are simply made of thick material.
Another consideration is the customizability of the binder. Many binders come with clear plastic pockets on the front, back and spine. These can be easily labeled or customized by inserting printed paper into the pockets. You may wish to color-code your binders, too.
The Binder Buying Guide
- Make sure the ring configuration matches the size, shape and position of the holes in your paper or the hole puncher you plan to use. While the standard three-ring binder is most common, there are a variety of other styles.
- For additional organization, some binders include pockets, expanding files, or other storage solutions.
- There are also binder inserts for sale that can hold your writing utensils, cards or other small items.
- Look for acid-free non-stick materials that won’t imprint ink from the paper contained inside.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide